• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Word on the street is that Remington Defense has promised a civilian version of the Remington Defense ACR. I know Remington has been rubbing the civilian market the wrong way for years on this particular topic, but this seems like a win/win for us MD residents (no Bushmaster ACR, okay we will take the Remington version instead). Will anyone get one if this pans out?

6296414512_ea_30075553_z-tfb4.jpg

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I'll echo DA. If they sell a version with either a fixed stock or muzzle break or no device at all, it'd be fine here.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Folding stock and flash suppressor = No go according to the copy cat rules of FSA 2013, IIRC...

I'll echo DA. If they sell a version with either a fixed stock or muzzle break or no device at all, it'd be fine here.

You guys know that we can still get SCARs and SIG xi 556 etc? That is the easiest fix, your dealer can sell the rifle without a muzzle device, or with a brake. No big deal, I wouldn't even mention it as an obstacle since dealers are already doing this with other rifles.............

Coffee

Jan 12, 2009
    Odenton
    Assuming there is a MD legal variant: For the likely price of an ACR, I could buy a Tavor, or Scar, or ARX or any number of rifles from reliable manufacturers.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Make it a fake folder that can be retro-fitted in friendlier climates...with some good ballistics, I'll be a huckleberry! As long as it shoots...

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    yeah, I'm sure it'll be legal

But I rejoin with the same question I asked myself when I first saw the original ACR (Masada rifle)

But why not just get a scar?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I won't get one. IMO there is nothing really innovative about that rifle except some controls.

Men on this and the SCAR. The Beretta is the only one that blows up my skirt, but I'll let it be out for a decade before I buy one.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I won't get one. IMO there is nothing really innovative about that rifle except some controls.

Men on this and the SCAR. The Beretta is the only one that blows up my skirt, but I'll let it be out for a decade before I buy one.

Emphasis on that last bit. I'm like a lurking alligator when it comes to vehicles and guns. Let someone else do the beta testing and I'll bite if the coast is clear.

Just curious, why the Beretta over this? I know little about either.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Emphasis on that last bit. I'm like a lurking alligator when it comes to vehicles and guns. Let someone else do the beta testing and I'll bite if the coast is clear.

Just curious, why the Beretta over this? I know little about either.

I think the Beretta barrel change feature is nice and I like how the ejection and operating side can be changed without part swaps or tools. I still think all of these "wonder rifles," need adjustable gas systems for the civilian market. There's not just a few military loads to deal with like a Marine or Soldier would select from, there's a thousand different loads to choose from in the civilian world. A system needs to have a regulator that self adjusts or an adjustable gas system like the FAL.

Beyond those things these wonder guns are just lightweight versions of other combat rifles IMO.

Coffee

Jan 12, 2009
    Odenton
    I think the Beretta barrel change feature is nice and I like how the ejection and operating side can be changed without part swaps or tools. I still think all of these "wonder rifles," need adjustable gas systems for the civilian market. There's not just a few military loads to deal with like a Marine or Soldier would select from, there's a thousand different loads to choose from in the civilian world. A system needs to have a regulator that self adjusts or an adjustable gas system like the FAL.

Beyond those things these wonder guns are just lightweight versions of other combat rifles IMO.

I'm trying to convince myself that I need another 5.56 rifle. I realize a lot of people don't like the look of the ARX. Personally, I think it looks dead sexy, and the closest I'll ever get to a dark-skinned Italian beauty that will let me work her with either hand.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I'm trying to convince myself that I need another 5.56 rifle. I realize a lot of people don't like the look of the ARX. Personally, I think it looks dead sexy, and the closest I'll ever get to a dark-skinned Italian beauty that will let me work her with either hand.

Get a Ducati like I did :D

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD

:lol2:

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    Screw Remington Outdoor Company aka Freedom Group all they build is garbage. Proof of point I bought their R1 1911 and it was so terrible I traded it away for an AK parts kit. That is right, I would rather own a pile of gun parts than a Remington product.

If you want an ACR wait for the Radom MSBS to come out which will be a much better quality gun that will have a company actually try to cater to the gun-buying public as well as offer more customization compared to the ACR. Heck you can change it into a bullpup if you want, the ACR can't even do that. Also should be MD legal.

1398808942.jpg

The good news is at least the prices are dropping like a stone even on GunJoker for the Beretta's.

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    Agreed, Remington's quality really has gone down the toilet. It is sad. They used to produce good guns at a fair price. Now it's hit or miss. Part of the problem is they are giving gun buyers exactly what they are asking for, the cheapest crap possible. Just look at the Polytech thread. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom