• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    You think the accuracy will improve with handloads or different ammo? My SPR knock off will shoot 5 rounds into .6 and it's using a WOA barrel. I figured the Douglas would be able to at least go sub-MOA.
    Yea I'm sure, but I suck at precision shooting.....ha. I simply don't have the patience, but I am willing to take the time and learn. I probably would get similar groups on your gun......lol. I wouldn't blame the barrel until I had a competent precision shooter get behind it.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Honestly having the correct Douglas barrel isn't that important to me - it's only 'special' because it's profiled specifically for the OPS 12th model which is old tech. I'd be all right with any old accurate barrel as the only SPR suppressor I can think of is the Griffin one.

"Old tech" but has it been surpassed as the quietest 5.56 suppressor yet? I remember reading that somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jmarko

Apr 8, 2013
    Nice gun! I was finally able to find a KAC rail for a Mod 1 about a month ago, I'm excited to get mine built.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    If you want cost effective ; today I saw some Black Hills Blue Box 68gr HPBT for $33/ 50rds .

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Nice gun! I was finally able to find a KAC rail for a Mod 1 about a month ago, I'm excited to get mine built.

Youll love it!

12997c93e0b77c71e5d739c661845feb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gun Met

07 FFL / 02 SOT
    Nov 1, 2015
    I just put an A2 stock on one of my guns. It is kinda like returning to the classics. Adds a little something extra even though its an old part.

Love the setup!

friendlyhippo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 7, 2015
    Glen Burnout
    I just put an A2 stock on one of my guns. It is kinda like returning to the classics. Adds a little something extra even though its an old part.

Love the setup!

A1 or collapsible (usually LMT/B5 SOPMOD) is correct for the Mk12. I had to go with the collapsible because I'm gangly and the A1 doesn't have the proper LOP for me in the prone. Bench wasn't a problem, but unless you're humping a bench everywhere you go it made more sense to stick with adjustable. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom