• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Wilson Combat Custom Shop Beretta (Centurion)...... Here's a video that I just uploaded detailing my experience with Wilson Combat. I love the overall gun and how it came out, but I'm left with a sour taste in my mouth in regards to the entire experience. This video is an attempt to let others know what to expect, and avoid when sending guns out for custom work. Enjoy........:D

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Glad you're happy with it in the end. Custom work can be nerve wracking! It always stresses me out at least.

I try to stick to a local smith these days since I get to talk with him and with the item on the table it helps to keep things clear.

Wilson does nice work and I like Beretta so I think you have a winner there!

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Glad you're happy with it in the end. Custom work can be nerve wracking! It always stresses me out at least.

I try to stick to a local smith these days since I get to talk with him and with the item on the table it helps to keep things clear.

Wilson does nice work and I like Beretta so I think you have a winner there!

Thanks, you have a valid point about keeping things local. I am going to try and do that with my next project my Springfield Armory 1911 Loaded. I am tired of the stainless look and some of the MIM parts, trigger needs work, cerakote finish with a threaded barrel and I think I will have a winner!

Orthogonal

Jul 23, 2013
    Bel Air
    Wow, beautiful job. I didn't know they had gray and black G10's.

So when you get the Custom Carry package for the FS, what does "Custom Carry Safety De-Cocker" mean then if it is not the G conversion ?

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Wow, beautiful job. I didn't know they had gray and black G10's.

So when you get the Custom Carry package for the FS, what does "Custom Carry Safety De-Cocker" mean then if it is not the G conversion ?

Good question, according to them it means "standard" Lol.. The G conversion is an added feature that must be requested specifically.

They won't admit fault! Here is the decock/safety they call their custom carry lo profile safety (this is the one I expected)

636-001.jpg

The black/gray grips are fairly new and comes standard with their new compact carry gun:

92G%20Cpmpact_1.jpg

From their website "For over thirty years, we have strived to provide complete customer satisfaction, it is the corner stone of Wilson Combat®. We want every experience you have in dealing with us to be pleasant and rewarding. This is why our customers will tell you we have the best service policy and customer service in the firearms industry. Dealing with Wilson Combat® will be a very positive and memorable experience for YOU!"

I will always remember :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom