• ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    For twice that I can get an NFA Reising…………...:tdown:

tmo8320

Mar 31, 2019
    3K!?

Yeah...that is about the time I start checking my word choice. This is not a NEED gun. Oh, for sure, it can take a spot in the want camp...but at three thousand US dollars...no thanks. That is a lot of ammo and professional instruction.

euchre98

Feb 13, 2009
    Leonardtown
    The Kriss Vector is 1/2 the price and certainly took much more R&D to bring to market. I get that a company needs to recoup that R&D outlay - trying to do it in the first 3500 units is probably not the best plan of action.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    These are for people living in free states that do not have to spend $$$ on trying to keep something as simple as a barrel legal to own.

crolfe1984

Enthusiast
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baltimore City, MD
    Roster update question.

I see from the 12/11/19 meeting minutes that the SMG45 was tabled from the last September meeting. However, it was resubmitted on 10/2/19. Any word or insight on when it will be approved by the board?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Roster update question.

I see from the 12/11/19 meeting minutes that the SMG45 was tabled from the last September meeting. However, it was resubmitted on 10/2/19. Any word or insight on when it will be approved by the board?

Resubmitted on 10/2 for the 12/11 meeting: If it was approved at the 12/11 meeting it will appear on the roster sometime in late Jan. Otherwise, ask again in May. You could try call and see it was approved. After the roster, they publish the new additions for 30 days notice and comment, then its officially on the roster. Dont know when it would go for notice and comment, but 2 weeks later seems right.

crolfe1984

Enthusiast
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baltimore City, MD
    Good news!

For those who had an LWRC SMG45 on order, as-of this morning it was approved and officially listed on the MDSP handgun roster. Can't wait to take it to the range, but it has to arrive at the shop first!

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Good news!

For those who had an LWRC SMG45 on order, as-of this morning it was approved and officially listed on the MDSP handgun roster. Can't wait to take it to the range, but it has to arrive at the shop first!

You should find your way to The Guntry Club with it. Unbelievable!

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    I should be buying one of these in the next few months… assuming they are in stock by then. Closest thing I'm getting to a UMP without going the USC Tommy Built route or getting a Manufacturer/Importer FFL and SOT.

crolfe1984

Enthusiast
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baltimore City, MD
    You should find your way to The Guntry Club with it. Unbelievable!

You know I work right here in Owings Mills! I think I'll make that my first stop as soon as I pick it up.

On another note Ammo Jon, I have that case of 9mm subs from you sitting in my closet - waiting on 2 cans in NFA jail. Might need a deal on a case of 45 soon.

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    One of these is coming my way as soon as I have the money. Only problem now is it's going to make me add a 45 suppressor to my list too.

crolfe1984

Enthusiast
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baltimore City, MD
    Also, don't forget to stock up on mags. UMP45 magazines aren't as plentiful as you might think.

There were only two vendors at the Nations Gun Show that stocked them last time. They only had a few each for $70 a pop. There is an indoor range 5 minutes away from Dulles that will order them for you if you pre-pay. They'll take a few weeks to come in, but they're at a nice discount.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    You know I work right here in Owings Mills! I think I'll make that my first stop as soon as I pick it up.

On another note Ammo Jon, I have that case of 9mm subs from you sitting in my closet - waiting on 2 cans in NFA jail. Might need a deal on a case of 45 soon.

Sounds good. Next thing you’ll have another suppressor in jail. I got spoiled with mine. Less than 3 months. I could always bring it with me when I come to pick up my 918 ;)

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Also, don't forget to stock up on mags. UMP45 magazines aren't as plentiful as you might think.

There were only two vendors at the Nations Gun Show that stocked them last time. They only had a few each for $70 a pop. There is an indoor range 5 minutes away from Dulles that will order them for you if you pre-pay. They'll take a few weeks to come in, but they're at a nice discount.

hkparts sells the US made 25rd UMP45 mags for $50 ea (and Germans for $80.) Not sure where you can get them cheaper new anywhere else. One can get used German mags off hkpro on occasion for a little less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom