What did you do at your reloading bench today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • temccoy

Nov 13, 2020
    Just got in some new 6.5 bullets - Sierra and Hornady. Going to load them up for my 6.5 Creedmoor and see what I get.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    case checked and trimmed as necessary my first 50 .223, then chamfered and primed. next i'll throw in some varget and top off with 69g smk's.

my .40 dies should arrive tomorrow and i have some blue bullets 180s for those, and titegroup powder. some folks have recommended alliant e3 but haven't seen much of that around. will have to figure out the whole crimping thing, advice welcome.

TGR

May 20, 2009
    Harford County
    Converted 50 pieces of 8x57 Mauser into 9.3x57 Mauser. All deprimed, sized, trimmed, and tumbled.

Inventoried all bullets, powder, and primers. Man I need Small Rifle primers.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Loaded up 25 .223 with 62 FMJ today. Yesterday loaded up 20 30 carbine. After the 223 I broke out my 6.5 Grendel dies for the first time and loaded up 30 rounds. 123gr Hornady BTHPs on top of 29, 30 and 31gr of CFE223.

Give me a chance to shoot 5 round groups from my 18” AR and my 20” Howa at each charge level over the chrono and see how it groups.

I’ll run what seems to work best through my 24” upper some other month.

Going to load up a bunch of 45acp in the next week or so as I’ve got those dies on the 6.5G turret and I am lazy. Maybe 100 rounds of 230gr FMJ. Then it’s going to be a bunch of 9x19 and then 9 MAK. After all that I’ll probably break out my 7.62x25 dies for the first time and load some test groups up.

After I get all THAT done I’ll probably break out my .308 and .30-06 dies to load some test groups. Haven’t loaded for those before. Just not likely to get out to test the Tok, .308 and .30-06/Garand till spring. I’ll be lucky to get a couple range sessions this winter with the way things are going.

Attachments

• 31DEEEFF-1A81-431D-8EC5-AD14EFFEEAB1.jpg
      31DEEEFF-1A81-431D-8EC5-AD14EFFEEAB1.jpg
      82.7 KB · Views: 204

Kirkster

Jan 9, 2009
    Severn, PRoMD
    Yup. Now, if the vendor has the option, I opt for Fedex and pay the extra shipping just so I know it will get here. :sad20:

Yea, I have $1,200 of slide and SRO optics in the USPS going to primary machine to get an optics cut and mounting. Shipped on the Second and no updates after leaving the post office... My Bad, I should have shipped it UPS...

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Apparently the Baltimore USPS distribution center had about a 50 employee outbreak of COVID a couple days ago and shut down temporarily (for a day or so). That and a lot of CDL drivers out sick too...

Supposedly have about a 40 truck backlog that are just sitting there. I mean SEMI trucks.

That was as of Friday night. I think they had the outbreak and shut down earlier in the week. No idea if they are up and running again yet. I have several things that are running 2-4 days behind that are likely waiting to be unloaded.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Apparently the Baltimore USPS distribution center had about a 50 employee outbreak of COVID a couple days ago and shut down temporarily (for a day or so). That and a lot of CDL drivers out sick too...

Supposedly have about a 40 truck backlog that are just sitting there. I mean SEMI trucks.

That was as of Friday night. I think they had the outbreak and shut down earlier in the week. No idea if they are up and running again yet. I have several things that are running 2-4 days behind that are likely waiting to be unloaded.

TX might be also, my package has been in transit since 12/6 with no update. I need my tubb items!

gwfrench

Aug 21, 2014
    Frederick, MD
    Not at the bench, but needed for it.
    Bought Titegroup and Power Pistol powders at Bob's Guns & Bows in Cumberland on Saturday.
    Today, bought Titegroup, LEVERevolution and Clays at Sang Run Sports Shop, Oakland, MD.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Not at the bench, but needed for it.
    Bought Titegroup and Power Pistol powders at Bob's Guns & Bows in Cumberland on Saturday.
    Today, bought Titegroup, LEVERevolution and Clays at Sang Run Sports Shop, Oakland, MD.

BTW Bob does amazing Smith work! He makes fantastic shooting rifles.

gwfrench

Aug 21, 2014
    Frederick, MD
    Every time I do an inventory. It's "lots of powder, need bullets".
    Next time it's "too many primers, need powder and bullets".
    Then "Why so many bullets ? Need primers and powder".
    I can't seem to break even on the numbers !
    Too many combinations of powder loads vs primer types vs bullet sizes.
    It never balances out.
    Don't even talk to me about Brass!!!

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Just finished Case trim and priming some 40 cal. S&W

Attachments

• 20201217_111452.jpg
      20201217_111452.jpg
      135.5 KB · Views: 158

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Curious as to how much trim is removed..I have never trimmed my pistol brass. Most of the time I only reload a pistol case twice before throwing it in the recycling...with the exception of .45 and 10mm.

Case OEM recommendations are at .845, when using new brass sometimes the brass is at .848 and once fired has stretched to above .845. I trim to all brass to .843 and after firing never have to trim again. Also .843 based on my Khar 40s fits better and gives consistent ejection. I found this out after much trial and error.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom