• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    Recently got a Nexbelt with the Appendix buckle. It is even easier to use with a push button instead of a lever to release the ratchet.

I have started using the newer style belt carrying an OWB holster while wearing scrubs with no belt loops.

Works great!

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    Just got my Nexbelt and cut it to size. It’s perfect. Thanks for the suggestion blaster! It even came with a “For God and Country” bracelet as a bonus.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Nexbelt and kore seem to be the same yea? I have a Kore but you guys make it sound like I'm missing something

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Nexbelt and kore seem to be the same yea? I have a Kore but you guys make it sound like I'm missing something

I think Kore has a metal insert? I don't know. Metal support inserts aren't what sell me on a gun belt. I do prefer a nice double leather belt for OWB leather holsters.
    I have used my Nexbelt OWB with my VP9. But prefer IWB because that's how I usually carry. IWB really doesn't require any more stiffness than what a heavy Cordura? can provide.

I just praised the Nexbelt because was my first foray into sturdy ratchet belts. The magic is just the ease of adjustments with them, which Kore provides as well.

I don't think you're missing anything. This whole thread very well could have been about Kore if that was the belt I had bought initially.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    I think Kore has a metal insert? I don't know. Metal support inserts aren't what sell me on a gun belt. I do prefer a nice double leather belt for OWB leather holsters.

I have used my Nexbelt OWB with my VP9. But prefer IWB because that's how I usually carry. IWB really doesn't require any more stiffness than what a heavy Cordura? can provide.

I just praised the Nexbelt because was my first foray into sturdy ratchet belts. The magic is just the ease of adjustments with them, which Kore provides as well.

I don't think you're missing anything. This whole thread very well could have been about Kore if that was the belt I had bought initially.
    Do you only have the leather belt? I've got a nice traditional brown leather gun belt that is 7 years old, is for a little stretch in it and it's kinda scuffed up. I've been thinking about replacing it. I like the nexbelt and kore synthetic belts. I've got a nylon synthetic "instructor" belt that is 20 years old and still in great shape... but it's not something that can be worn with business casual.

Any thoughts on the synthetic belt being "dressy" enough for business casual? I like the stiffness from the synthetic, I carry a full size pistol and sometimes a mag/cuff combo.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Do you only have the leather belt? I've got a nice traditional brown leather gun belt that is 7 years old, is for a little stretch in it and it's kinda scuffed up. I've been thinking about replacing it. I like the nexbelt and kore synthetic belts. I've got a nylon synthetic "instructor" belt that is 20 years old and still in great shape... but it's not something that can be worn with business casual.

Any thoughts on the synthetic belt being "dressy" enough for business casual? I like the stiffness from the synthetic, I carry a full size pistol and sometimes a mag/cuff combo.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Well I have 2 of the nylon? EDC.
    I know they have leather/dress carry belts now. But I never needed those.
    What I did have back in the day when I did have to dress up, was Galco Concealable dress belts. These were nice because the belt part that would go from about 1 o'clock to 11 o'clock was 1.5 inch, to hold a holster and then both sides would taper down smaller in front so it dressed it up. Picture the part of a belt that you would see if your sport coat was unbuttoned.
    Also, the belt would sightly curve so the back, after time, wouldn't curve over from wear and look like ass.
    It's definitely a dress up for work carry belt and not a work EDC fight in the streets carry belt.
    74a1b8f9beabac523e8a9460e40d9810.jpg

Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    not crazy about the lever ratchet belts. I had a couple levers go bad. no longer disengage. One time found out right when mother nature was screaming. - just cut the belt off. CAnt remeber teh brand but I got a couple buckles that the face lifts up too unlock. Never had it catch on anything accidently.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    New gun belt on the market. These dudes seem legit(good resumes) and are new to the market. I'd say these guys have logged more hours in a gun belt than all of us combined.

This isn't for an EDC belt, more of an assaultor belt

https://gbrsgroupgear.com/products/...elt-system-v2-mas-grey?variant=42237524771042
    I'll be seeing DL in the Spring. I'm paying their tier 1 on Patreon. I wish their content building skills were as good as their tactical skill. I'm sure it's a learning curve.
    $255 for a belt, they can keep it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom