• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Personally--I don't want to be staring down the business end of any rifle manufactured by any of the folks on that list, if it is owned, operated, and maintained by an individual who understands and maintains the platform well. Dead is dead...makes precious little difference if it was a DD or a PSA...

****Yes yes of course you're right, but if you had the choice of being shot dead by an AR, wouldn't you really prefer it at least be a nice LWRC, or an HK, Knights Armament, etc..?

If I had a choice, I would personally hold out for being shot dead by a really nice Noveske, LaRue, and handled properly by an operator versus some beanie bunned douchebag with some cheap ass rifle, with something like a Barska scope, or one of those inferior red dots that have about a 10 MOA accuracy when *properly* adjusted and sighted in.

I get it, dead is dead, but if you're gonna die anyway, at least die in some totally cool way by a nice rifle, with quality componentry, properly set head spacing and gas block adjustment, etc...

Otherwise, I'd rather just live versus being shot dead with a junk AR setup...

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    ****Yes yes of course you're right, but if you had the choice of being shot dead by an AR, wouldn't you really prefer it at least be a nice LWRC, or an HK, Knights Armament, etc..?

If I had a choice, I would personally hold out for being shot dead by a really nice Noveske, LaRue, and handled properly by an operator versus some beanie bunned douchebag with some cheap ass rifle, with something like a Barska scope, or one of those inferior red dots that have about a 10 MOA accuracy when *properly* adjusted and sighted in.

I get it, dead is dead, but if you're gonna die anyway, at least die in some totally cool way by a nice rifle, with quality componentry, properly set head spacing and gas block adjustment, etc...

Hmmm... I see your argument but-- it's rather specious...and not on point. It wouldn't matter what platform because you won't ever know. Saying you'd rather it be from one as opposed to the other well ahead of the event is an argument that makes us feel good now but means nothing should the event occur. But in the end--the beanie bunned douchebag or the well trained operator... with the same platform as the beanie burned douchebag... wins and I lose. I think that's the point. :) I prefer to look at this like being placed in a Kobayashi Maru type scenario...I'm not going to "choose" to die by anyones hand if I can find a way to cheat death... ;)

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    5aw5ft01i9941_jpg-1707726.JPG

Who manufactures the uppers and lowers for each brand identified?

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017

Hilarious!

:lol2:

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Maybe.....aren't we all gonna be one soon???

****Only if we don’t wanna end up shot with inferior Chinese made AR’s...call me crazy, but I’d rather live a really long time and die of old age than be shot by some of the cheaper AR platforms listed in that diagram, especially with cheap optics or those crappy plastic eBay backup sights that look like they belong on an air soft rifle and often fall off on their own, sometimes before even firing a shot!

I can’t believe we are even discussing this. Be patient and you might even get taken out by a Ma Deuce, an M203, or something really cool like a depleted uranium round from over a mile away, shot by a Victoria Secret model covert operative.

What’s the rush? We’re only 10 days into 2021! :thumbsup:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    lol, putting Noveske at the top. That place lost all its mojo after John Noveske died back in 2013.

SOLGW probably deserves some more cachet than the list gives them, but about 90% of their marketing pitch is "we use appropriately sized gas ports and good parts" which is... not compelling. Yeah, they're not gassing the hell out of their guns like PSA and Anderson do, but they're hardly the first ones to do that. The newer Broadsword receivers at least try to push things forward a bit. They kinda took a reputation hit when their backlogs went to hell and they didn't really do a good job with communicating expectations.

Also, while we're talking about surprisingly good poverty tier stuff, the Presma Super Light Slim Free Float MLOK handguards are made in Taiwan, have a good finish (like, actually dehorned and have what seems to be a decent anodizing job), and are super easy to install. They are also, indeed, very light and slim. Only quibble is lack of anti-rotation tabs and some minor machining marks, really. I've bought a couple of them and been pretty impressed both times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom