• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N3YMY

Ultimate Member
    Jan 21, 2013
    Yes, yes dead thread walking. :o

Due to recent discussion, I was curious of the outcome.

Yet, I cannot find any of the charges in case search, hence my post.

One would assume of the trial was scheduled back in 2014, it should have happened by now.

I would also assume the out come of that trial would be in case search.

I can’t seem to find info in google or case search...

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    Arise, Lazarus, ARISE!!!

The guy is paying the price now for his carelessness but before long, we all as gun owners may reach the point where the mountain of laws curtailing our right to self defense and the tools for it have become too onorous to submit to as fully and completely as our political masters decree. When you can no longer access your firearms when necessity demands, they are no longer effective tools for self-defense. If the only time you can access your firearms is when you drive to your expensive State-regulated Gun Club where they(and their ammunition) are all kept under the club's lock & key on premises like a safety deposit box at the bank, self-defense delayed is the same as self-defense denied. Welcome to the new era of European-style gun control as adored by the lefties! We are sliding down the greased slope towards it rapidly.

May 21, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD
    I never understood why people "ridin dirty" give cops a reason to pull them over. You hear about drug smugglers getting pulled over for speeding or have some sort of dumb ass equipment violation (headlight/brake light out) and they'll have 100lbs of pot in the trunk.
    You'd think they would check their vehicle prior to leaving and set the cruise control for 5 over, but nooooooooooooo.

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    my question, why isnt there a kiosk at every states border handing out a pamphlet explaining all its various laws? that would be helpful.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I cannot find this case in case search.

Anyone have the outcome?

It was probably dropped via a Nolle Prosequi and a couple K legal Bill for the defendant, then expunged never to be seen or heard of again. Lots of reasons why that would happen- maybe MSP search PC was questionable, maybe just a local lawyer for the defense who can influence.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    I never understood why people "ridin dirty" give cops a reason to pull them over.
    I'm laughing at the Obama Pastor reference to 'Slick Willy'.
    The guy was either ignorant or arrogant. He'll NEVER see those guns again.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    As for current day- if you’re stopped in MD with a pre FSA 13 legal firearm on a legal journey and transported in a legal manner they can handily look up by serial number to determine if you’re GTG.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    I never understood why people "ridin dirty" give cops a reason to pull them over. You hear about drug smugglers getting pulled over for speeding or have some sort of dumb ass equipment violation (headlight/brake light out) and they'll have 100lbs of pot in the trunk.
    You'd think they would check their vehicle prior to leaving and set the cruise control for 5 over, but nooooooooooooo.

I always thought it was most prudent to be breaking only one law at any time.:D

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    As for current day- if you’re stopped in MD with a pre FSA 13 legal firearm on a legal journey and transported in a legal manner they can handily look up by serial number to determine if you’re GTG.
    FOPA 1986 says otherwise if you are traveling through a state to another state. MD law is mooted under the safe passage provision of FOPA.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    FOPA 1986 says otherwise if you are traveling through a state to another state. MD law is mooted under the safe passage provision of FOPA.

Another possibility why it disappeared- likely a Nolle Pros with expungement though especially if it was scheduled for court at one time in the records.

dleary13115

Jan 10, 2011
    Baltimore County

Like a google search? Because I don’t think that carries weight, nor does it validate that the gun was IN Maryland before the FSA 13 ban, just that it was MADE prior to the FSA 13 ban

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Like a google search? Because I don’t think that carries weight, nor does it validate that the gun was IN Maryland before the FSA 13 ban, just that it was MADE prior to the FSA 13 ban

They can attain the date in which you acquired if you did so in MD. If you moved after FSA 13 with a pre-FSA 13 you have to register with the MSP within a timeframe of residency so again a record. If you moved to MD pre-FSA 13 with a now banned “assault” weapon then you’re in a gray area where you probably could have to provide documentation of when you moved here, and when/where such weapon was acquired.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    They can attain the date in which you acquired if you did so in MD. If you moved after FSA 13 with a pre-FSA 13 you have to register with the MSP within a timeframe of residency so again a record. If you moved to MD pre-FSA 13 with a now banned “assault” weapon then you’re in a gray area where you probably could have to provide documentation of when you moved here, and when/where such weapon was acquired.

If you moved here pre FSA2013 with a now banned assault weapon there is no gray area, it’s perfectly legal. The state would have to prove otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013

Unless of course if it's sitting on top of an 80% lower, in witch case you are probably going to jail anyway.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    FOPA doesn't * moot* state laws , it provides an affirmative defense . If XYZ State wants to be ******* , they can bring charges and prosecute cases they know they will loose to any attorney with room temperature IQ . ( Looking at you New Jersey)

dleary13115

Jan 10, 2011
    Baltimore County
    If you moved here pre FSA2013 with a now banned assault weapon there is no gray area, it’s perfectly legal. The state would have to prove otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^^^^ This.

Agreed, and this was the point my question was driving at.

Aside from a few gun models that only existed after 2013, the LE Officer or DA would have to solicit the manufacturer for proof of manufacture-date, and also prove that you moved here after 2013. But, this is MD, and I wouldn’t put it past the State to jam you up anyway even if it’s an un-winnable case.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan

Aside from a few gun models that only existed after 2013, the LE Officer or DA would have to solicit the manufacturer for proof of manufacture-date, and also prove that you moved here after 2013. But, this is MD, and I wouldn’t put it past the State to jam you up anyway even if it’s an un-winnable case.

You may beat the charge but won’t beat the ride. If I were in that group I would keep documentation handy in the range bag in those cases but YMMV.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    You may beat the charge but won’t beat the ride. If I were in that group I would keep documentation handy in the range bag in those cases but YMMV.
    Papers now! You must prove your innocence to me on the side of the road!

BGOS, much? You are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. You don't have to show documentation of any kind to anybody but your lawyer. The state must prove you are guilty of committing a crime, not you proving your innocence.

Believe me, until you start playing the NFA game you don't know what it's like having to carry documentation. But then again you are only required to show the NFA documentation to a ATF agent. Nobody else can demand to see it.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

Look at what happened to Matthew Pinkerton and you'll understand "WTF Maryland?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom