• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I know we're over thinking this, but one more thing occurred to me. A lot of this woodwork looks to be butcher block. One has to wonder if it ever received initial or periodic butcher block treatment i.e. mineral oil. It would be a shame to waste all that expensive epoxy finish if it were only to pop off sometime down the road...

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I know we're over thinking this, but one more thing occurred to me. A lot of this woodwork looks to be butcher block. One has to wonder if it ever received initial or periodic butcher block treatment i.e. mineral oil. It would be a shame to waste all that expensive epoxy finish if it were only to pop off sometime down the road...

If there is one think that all MDS members have in common. It’s over-thinking life’s simple problems.

tourrider

Grumpy
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 9, 2009
    Corry, PA
    What's next, resurrect Al's Tavern, Glen Lounge, Greenway and The Paddock from the ashes???:)

OMG . Al’s tavern was the first bar I walked into the day I moved to Maryland 41 years ago.

A bunch of crusty old farts in there. Now I would be the crusty old fart.

Been A few decades since I’ve been on Frank’s. I graduated to G&Ms when they were a dive bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    OMG . Al’s tavern was the first bar I walked into the day I moved to Maryland 41 years ago.

A bunch of crusty old farts in there. Now I would be the crusty old fart.

Been A few decades since I’ve been on Frank’s. I graduated to G&Ms when they were a dive bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Al's had a mess of guns on the walls, even a Thompson if I recall correctly. No hassles, meal of the day was pickled pigs feet out of a jar. Loved that place. Worth the trip from Annapolis with my deceased best buddy Neil Krebs on our bikes. We would spread the wealth to the other dives I mentioned.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I love Frank's Den. That's been my #1 liquor store since I moved into my house in 2002.

The drive through gets a lot of traffic as well. They’ve always been decent. Like that I can come in the back way and stay on local neighborhood streets from door to door.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    If there isn't one, there should be a dive bar thread. I'd do it myself, but I'm too busy drinking in a dive bar.

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    The drive through gets a lot of traffic as well. They’ve always been decent. Like that I can come in the back way and stay on local neighborhood streets from door to door.

I've only visited a few times since the 80's in the past 3 months and it's been after working on car repairs at my Dad's house in GB late at night and thought, you know...I need a beer after that.

foodpoison

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    the Dena
    Ran into a dude that does wood refinishing @ The magothy Inn (a place my wife claims I spend too much time at) mention this thread, he's been in Franks and says he'll stop by this week. I don't know the dude that well but what I've been told is he does good work

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Ran into a dude that does wood refinishing @ The magothy Inn (a place my wife claims I spend too much time at) mention this thread, he's been in Franks and says he'll stop by this week. I don't know the dude that well but what I've been told is he does good work

Man. Been awhile since I've been there. Maybe I'll stop in in about 2 weeks.

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va

Was that once the Bayside Inn?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom