Revealing Your Arsenals (Or Lack Thereof)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Starts a discussion about not wanting to disclose information online.

Now discuss.

^^THIS. Some folks just gotta talk about anything whether sensical, logical or relevant. AND with a great thread title to boot.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    Don't thread on me, Mr!

82554f37ab9063a2b0a0e536b4723c05.png

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    So is anyone else wary about posting pics of the firearms we have? Or revealing the number of legal (esp legally unregistered) firearms we have?
    I firmly believe in iron fisted Government control. Look over the nation 911 is working just fine. Therefore I need no weapons.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Well, apparently, this "arsenal" has freaked the media out, as there are multiple headlines like the following regarding this Napa businessman ....

AUTHORITIES: BUSINESS OWNER HAD HUGE CACHE OF WEAPONS AND AMMUNITION

https://www.actionnewsnow.com/content/news/573610782.html

The Napa business owner arrested on Friday on various weapons charges had five pipe bombs, more than 50 firearms -- several unregistered or illegal -- 15,000 rounds of ammunition, and several pounds of gunpowder in his possession when authorities raided his office and home, the Napa County Sheriff’s Office said late Saturday.

Ian Benjamin Rogers, 44, is in custody facing a variety of charges, including possession of a destructive device, possession of materials to make a destructive device, possession of an assault weapon, possession of an unregistered assault weapon, possession of a machine gun and conversion of a firearm into a machine gun.

Bail was originally set at $100,000, but was raised to $5 million on Friday.

Authorities obtained a warrant to search Rogers’ business and home after receiving a tip that he was in possession of illegal weapons, the sheriff’s office said.

Rogers’ social media accounts suggest that he is an ardent supporter of President Trump, dating back to the Republican primary season in 2015 and 2016. In multiple postings, he expresses disdain for Democrats and liberals. Photos on his Facebook account also feature multiple weapons, including guns and swords, displayed on the walls of his home.

Ok, not giving him a pass on the pipe bombs or potential NFA violations, but I'm guessing one can find similar sized gun collections and ammunition stocks in at least one or several households in every neighborhood outside of highly restricted cities.

Obviously, when it comes to ammo, there can be huge variability of availability some years (like 2020 and 2021, and 2012-2014, for example) with massive price fluctuations. Anyone that uses their firearms wants to be insulated from the inconsistencies in market supplies/prices of ammunition. If people knew that ammo would be as available as gasoline to purchase with some variation in pricing, many would buy when they need and maintain a smaller stockpile.

IronDuck

MDS Supporter
    Jan 11, 2021
    Frederick ish MD
    Guns? Who has guns, well, full disclosure, I had one once, found it by a tree, covered in dirt, never shot it. I did take it out on the river, to wave threateningly at ducks. Catastrophe I was overwhelmed by the viciousness of my actions towards the helpless waterfowl, lost my balance and it went into the river never to be seen again!
    Now though, I maintain a ready supply of harsh, uncompromising, and hurtful words. I reside in Maryland, so to be clear and legal, there is never more than 10 words used at a clip, but I have a lot of clips!

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I once fired an AR-15 with the thingy that goes up...

"What is it like to fire an AR-15? It's horrifying, dangerous and very very loud... It feels like a bazooka — and sounds like a cannon. The explosions — loud like a bomb — gave me a temporary case of PTSD. For at least an hour after firing the gun just a few times, I was anxious and irritable."

Or something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom