Jul 19, 2010
    Smoke grenades, JIC

Attachments

• IMG_20210117_185241636_1610927662341.jpg
      IMG_20210117_185241636_1610927662341.jpg
      50.4 KB · Views: 372

Tactikool

Jun 30, 2020
    I've heard this and I think asked this question in this thread. Why? I've been eating rice my entire life and never had anything hatch from it. Why would bulk rice be any different?

I’ve never heard this as well. What’s the reasoning?

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    I thought about buying a Surefire light, the local gun shop was running a special on Streamlights so I bought three of them for the same price of the one Surefire.

I've been using Streamlight for some time now and have a good number of Surefire too but the Streamlight is the better bang for the buck .
    Had to send one back that stopped working after I dropped it and they sent me a new one no questions asked.

namrelio

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2013
    Frederick Co. Virginia
    I've heard this and I think asked this question in this thread. Why? I've been eating rice my entire life and never had anything hatch from it. Why would bulk rice be any different?

During Y2K I bought and stored a lot of rice. I froze it all for awhile, let it get room temp, and then put it in jars. I had it a long time. While arranging things one day I noticed one jar looked a little brown looking. It had bugs in it at one time.
    I must not have froze that jar only by mistake. All the other jars were fine. After that I always freeze my long term rice and never had any other problems. It don't take that much longer to do. Be bad to have your whole stash to end up like my one jar.

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    I have two 5 gallons of rice, one 5 gallon of pinto beans all sealed in Mylar bags with 02 absorbers. If eggs try and hatch nothing will survive without oxygen. to make into meals we would used the canned venison and caned tomato sauce for survival meals. The latter two are used on a regular basis and replenished every year. If youdon't want to use bags you can buy any size 02 absorbers and put them in your jars.

cotman68

Feb 21, 2010
    Stewartstown, Pa
    I have two 5 gallons of rice, one 5 gallon of pinto beans all sealed in Mylar bags with 02 absorbers. If eggs try and hatch nothing will survive without oxygen. to make into meals we would used the canned venison and caned tomato sauce for survival meals. The latter two are used on a regular basis and replenished every year. If youdon't want to use bags you can buy any size 02 absorbers and put them in your jars.

When you put the rice in the Mylar bags , do you empty it out of original packaging from store or just put it in like it is ?

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

Grain moths.

I have a moth trap in my rice bin due to them.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Bump for some good stuff: scored some genuine 3M N95 masks for $20/box (10 masks per box) Got 6 boxes total.

Attachments

• B41B32BC-C8A3-49B2-8926-4EC65B3A2C2B.jpg
      B41B32BC-C8A3-49B2-8926-4EC65B3A2C2B.jpg
      109.7 KB · Views: 262

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads