• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    My GF of meany years has gone to her Father's for awhile to help after his surgery. So I decided to do a test run SHTF lock down, Day 3 now and all is well , SPAM has been the primary protein as a test and it's a very versatile protein haven't used a whole can yet, With eggs , noodles , rice and vegetables,
    Useing only the lights were ever I'm at , Doing the No Shave November to help save water , No trips to town , Use what we have and keeping a list of used items to replace. So far life hasn't been upset at all but still have time

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    A mandolin slicer can get a bunch of slices from a half a can of spam...fried like bacon its good on grilled cheese, or PB n J with hot sauce.

Eastwind

Nice!
    May 3, 2020
    Only the bedroom has curtains , Her request, were in the sticks and no close neighbors so no need tell we go full tactical than yes we'll Black out everything.

FYI Pita breads last longer and very versatile

Hah, me and my girlfriend live like goblins. Curtains cover everything. We both have the same preference for being in the shadows, sort of speak. We usually never have the lights on either, minus some mood lighting.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Heck during early April 7 of us stayed home 5 days. Son #2 is the one that broke down and went to girlfriends house to pick her up and then sit out side and talk.
    I recall rest of us lasted 7 days then went out to get Milk.
    Her office was shut down and I was working remote. We always have lots of TP in bulk for us and her office. When it started we had a save the squares campaign in the house since we were not using toilets at other places. After the 5th day I calculated we had 6 months of TP left. 8 months of food, 12 months if rationing/dieting.
    I ran the generator for an hour or so setting up the power to the fridge and downstairs freezer.

I'm still expecting a 2 week power outage emergency to happen in the next 10 years. Maybe sooner.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    3 days and you haven't eaten a whole can of Spam yet? What are your other sources of protein and how many of them do you eat? I see eggs.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Why limit yourself to just Spam? Canned tuna or chicken if you don't want to use the fridge. If you do, well a pound of ground deer or beef can be made into taco meat or chili with spices from the cabinet or the packets and will provide several meals.

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    I've been in the Tuna supply , Can smoked oysters too , Doing some nice Raman dish's , Turned on the TV last night for the first time to watch the Election returns , It kind of nice without TV . I didn't turn off the water we have a well and 2 generators , The stove is gas with 2 500gal tanks so it would have to get really bad for me to not use a flush toilet , The ground beef and deer I'm saving but I did snipe one of rabbits that had been helping him self to our garden over the summer , My GF wouldn't let me pop him but now he's going on the grill tonight .

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    This is a great idea actually! What are you doing to keep yourself occupied mentally? Are you venturing outside of the house at all? Part of my lockdown plan is running back and forth to the shed, but I'm thinking that might not be a great idea.

Keep an eye on your sodium intake if you're eating a lot of spam, it's loaded!

I'm very aware of the sodium in SPAM and in fact that is why I went with the LITE SPAM that's lower in sodium, also I'm not eating it 3 times a day.
    I keep myself occupied with things around the house and still have to do some work so they keep paying me

Deadlunch

Jun 9, 2018
    Bowie
    I haven't gone all out. When Hogan started the first lockdowns, the family locked down and didn't come out for about 45 days. Wifey works remotely and my side jobs were put on hold. Learned alot about quantifying meals, water and meds. Worst part was that, that was when my preteen daughter "became a woman". Lockdown became a lot worse.

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    Cut off the internet...

I would but I need it to work , Before Covid I would pick places to vacation that were off the beaten path so no cell service or internet , Loved the looks on the faces of family that came with us when they had no phone or net . I was even called "Uncle Dick" by one of them , The look on his face when he was on the floor was great, Just like my Dad and Grandfather would have done, My sister was like damn you got to him first because I was going to do that , BIL went nuts till my sister told him to Shut up

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Yumm
    13c25be6d3a7570ced279352a08972b2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members