2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Response to tyranny.
    molonlabe.jpg

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    We are especially screwed here in Md because even if we can register the braces (hopefully for free) as SBRs, the 29 inch BS rule is going to make virtually everything that had a brace on it an illegal assault weapon.

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV
    I'm not really a pistol brace guy, but eventually, there's simply no point in continuing to comply with any of this BS.

I agree, it really feels like we’re just about at the point where we might as well all just have whatever we want because it’s gonna all be illegal just the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    So if you elect to register it as an SBR and they waive the fee, can you then legally throw a stock on it? :innocent0

I would think so. If it’s an SBR, it’s an SBR. Problem if that if it’s under 29 inches you can’t have it in Maryland at all. So basically any AR with less than a 10.5 in (ish) barrel is a complete no go.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Let's see... law abiding citizens purchase a legal accessory either with or for a legal firearm, commit no crimes, and all of a sudden become criminals through a stroke of the pen merely for being in possession of the item? :sad20:

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    Let's see... law abiding citizens purchase a legal accessory either with or for a legal firearm, commit no crimes, and all of a sudden become criminals through a stroke of the pen merely for being in possession of the item? :sad20:
    ...and the suckers who are appeased by the "free SBR" trap, are now on record and easy to find.

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    Not sure I follow. What's the "trap?" If you already have an NFA item, they know where to find you.

Agree!

Nothing below is serious, just a thought.

just thinking about all the guys who hate braces, saying how the owners of them are shirting the law. Now all those brace owners might now be getting FREE SBR’s. Kinda ironic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom