• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    Years back a friend gave me a copy of "One Second After " by William R. Forstchen now I know it's fiction but the story was based on facts. Chilling story. It went on to two more books continuing the story .

Another one is a series by James Wesley Rawles starting with "Patriots" a lot insightful information in all of the series .

Each of them did some serious research in writing those books , lot of truths of human nature come to point as how people react in a crisis , I think there worth reading .

Rawles also has a website that has some interesting information generally .
    survivalblog.com

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    I can't believe that none of you have commented that you have read or know of any of those books, There is so many bits of information in them it's unbelievable none of you haven't read any of them. You are missing out on a lot of insightful information.

bigdv

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2010
    Calvert Co.
    I have read One Second After. It is a good book. Probably not far off if an event like that happened here.

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    I have read One Second After. It is a good book. Probably not far off if an event like that happened here.

The part in the book when they were having a town meeting and the Doctor pointed out that they were coming up on 90 days and that's when a lot of people will be running out of Medication and that will trigger a die off and the ones that are on medication for mental illness would be getting dangerous . Things like that I just never gave any thought to till I read that book.

IronDuck

MDS Supporter
    Jan 11, 2021
    Frederick ish MD
    I have not read either of those books, I will add them to my list. Have you read the "Winds of War" by Herman Woulk ? Also fiction but based on actions that led to WWII.

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    I read a couple of Rawls books many years ago. They were entertaining and informative for me at the time, I've had many years to think on these things since and they may not be so useful to me today.
    More recently I started One Second After. In fact, bought all three in the series assuming I would read them. I got half way through the first book and put it down. Not that it didn't have a lot of interesting things to consider, but I just couldn't stand the entitled and narcissistic nature of the main character and some of the others that designated themselves shot callers in the story.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    The FoxFire series.

A LOT of good information on being self sufficient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom