• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rats_teeths

Jan 4, 2021
    Currently trying my hand at putting together a glock for the first time, went with a 17 Gen 3, I think I got the tools and everything I need either in the mail or came in a few days ago.

I did mistakenly order a glock 19 slide completion kit, however. if I understand correctly that some of these parts are interchangeable. Will I be alright with that kit? I don't feel like my own research on it came up with an answer I feel solid with.

Thanks guys

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    You should be fine with the G19 slide kit.

Are you building a P80 type or an actual Glock frame(with serial number)?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I’ll add on to your post.
    You’ll need to get a recoil spring for the G17, the 19 will be to short.
    Good catch! :thumbsup:
    While he's at it, he should consider swapping out the ejector for a gen 5 ejector #30274 and a Lone Wolf 'AlphaWolf' extractor.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I also added he needed an adapter for the gen4 slide to the gen3 frame but I retracted it pretty quick. For some reason I thought I read he had a gen4 slide.:o
    Guess I had glockoma of the brain for a minute or three. ;)
    Lot of that going around these days...:o

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Lot of that going around these days...:o

Yep.
    I just finished up that build you and I talked about. I had enough parts laying around that I didn’t need to buy a whole build kit for the upper or the lower. Just needed a few springs.
    I had a gen2 lower laying in the safe so I went ahead and built a 357 sig for it.
    Happy times. :party29:

Rats_teeths

Jan 4, 2021
    P80 type. slide kit and lower parts are generic p80, oem barrel, and a kmtactical raptor 3 slide, and 2x 10 round magpul mags. I figured I just wanted to get my hands on one and get a feel for it before I commit to investing more into it. I still need to order some sights, but, I just haven't looked into that too far yet, since it's that's gonna have to wait another payday.

Got it, replace that spring.

I'm pretty excited about this guys!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Yep.
    I just finished up that build you and I talked about. I had enough parts laying around that I didn’t need to buy a whole build kit for the upper or the lower. Just needed a few springs.
    I had a gen2 lower laying in the safe so I went ahead and built a 357 sig for it.
    Happy times. :party29:
    Nice. I've got a 17 frame looking for a stainless 22 slide...

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    P80 type. slide kit and lower parts are generic p80, oem barrel, and a kmtactical raptor 3 slide, and 2x 10 round magpul mags. I figured I just wanted to get my hands on one and get a feel for it before I commit to investing more into it. I still need to order some sights, but, I just haven't looked into that too far yet, since it's that's gonna have to wait another payday.

Got it, replace that spring ejector and extractor.

I'm pretty excited about this guys!
    ;)

Rats_teeths

Jan 4, 2021
    Good catch! :thumbsup:
    While he's at it, he should consider swapping out the ejector for a gen 5 ejector #30274 and a Lone Wolf 'AlphaWolf' extractor.

I'm struggling to find that #30274, got a second suggestion or maybe you know where to look for one I'm not per chance?

Did find that extractor though, this a good price you think?
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1004109326

I also added he needed an adapter for the gen4 slide to the gen3 frame but I retracted it pretty quick. For some reason I thought I read he had a gen4 slide.:o
    Guess I had glockoma of the brain for a minute or three. ;)

I did originally write it was a gen 4 glock 17 slide, had a similar brain fart for a moment there, maybe you just read it before I corrected myself lol.

Please post a few pics when your done.
    Thanks,
    Paul

I got ya. Some of the parts are shipping from somewhere I believe is really suffering from the weather situation, so I think I'm stuck waiting before I have 100% of what I need. Then I suppose I'm waiting to order the parts this gentleman recommended, plus a set of sights, (I'd love a recommendation on some in the $50 and under range, btw). I can't spend any more money on this until another paycheck, I haven't broken the news of this next project to the Mrs. yet, lol.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I’ll keep an eye out for one. I actually sold one last summer to a guy I work with. Had the lone wolf 9mm barrel that’s made for the G22 slide.
    Thanks bro.
    I'm struggling to find that #30274, got a second suggestion or maybe you know where to look for one I'm not per chance?

Did find that extractor though, this a good price you think?
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1004109326
    Before you begin your build(and maybe throughout your build), take a look at MarineGunBuilder.com on youtube. I strongly recommend this. Otherwise, the chance of screwing something up is very high.

Here's what you want. To get the ejector, you need to buy a gen 5 OEM trigger housing. You won't use the plastic housing. Instead, you will pull the metal ejector(#30274) out of it and swap it with the cheesy ejector(#336) that comes in the gen 3 trigger housing. https://www.glockstore.com/Gen-5-Glock-OEM-Trigger-Housing

This is the extractor I prefer... https://www.lonewolfdist.com/slide-parts/aw-extractor

Rats_teeths

Jan 4, 2021
    Thanks bro.

Before you begin your build(and maybe throughout your build), take a look at MarineGunBuilder.com on youtube. I strongly recommend this. Otherwise, the chance of screwing something up is very high.

Here's what you want. To get the ejector, you need to buy a gen 5 OEM trigger housing. You won't use the plastic housing. Instead, you will pull the metal ejector(#30274) out of it and swap it with the cheesy ejector(#336) that comes in the gen 3 trigger housing. https://www.glockstore.com/Gen-5-Glock-OEM-Trigger-Housing

This is the extractor I prefer... https://www.lonewolfdist.com/slide-parts/aw-extractor

Alpha wolf, trigger housing, and went ahead with a set of OEM sights all ordered. Went and sold blood plasma yesterday for a quick new card and $105 so the mrs can’t complain, lol. Unless you all have any more suggestions I think I’m using the remainder on some cerakote to wrap up my AR build.

Edit: And thank you all very much. Shipping is running late on stuff, hopefully by the 5th the last bits will show up, I`lol be sure to share once its together.

Second edit: Nvm the alphawolf ordered, looks like their website is having issues lol. I suppose I`ll get back to that.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Alpha wolf, trigger housing, and went ahead with a set of OEM sights all ordered. Went and sold blood plasma yesterday for a quick new card and $105 so the mrs can’t complain, lol. Unless you all have any more suggestions I think I’m using the remainder on some cerakote to wrap up my AR build.

Edit: And thank you all very much. Shipping is running late on stuff, hopefully by the 5th the last bits will show up, I`lol be sure to share once its together.

Second edit: Nvm the alphawolf ordered, looks like their website is having issues lol. I suppose I`ll get back to that.
    If you have trouble, the AlphaWolf parts are also sold directly through Ebay for the same price.

...and the trigger housing shouldn't cost more than $10-$12(I've seen some ridiculous prices for those elsewhere).

Rats_teeths

Jan 4, 2021
    Found that trigger housing for $10.

Wait, I still do in fact need that other spring still, right? Or am I half asleep and missing the point?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Found that trigger housing for $10.

Wait, I still do in fact need that other spring still, right? Or am I half asleep and missing the point?

If you mean the recoil spring/guide rod, yes.

That should come with the slide parts kit(but they don't always). Know that along with they being model(length) specific, they are also caliber specific(strength).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom