Stribog Mag compatibility, between Generations?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Looking for any definitive guidance as to compatibility between the mags for the SP9A1, SP9A2 or SP9A3.

ETA: Okay, I think I found the answer I was looking for:

According to MAC you can use the earlier gen (Stribog SP9A1) mags (in the current gen, Stribog SP9A3):”

https://youtu.be/F66jHVibMDY[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Cancel that order. 14.95 for the same 20 rounders. They are out of stock of the 30 rounders though.

https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Articles.asp?Search=Stribog&ID=301

They already shipped! :kicknuts:

Curses, man! Where were you at 1am the other morning?! :lol2:

All kidding aside, THANK YOU @ rockstarr - I went ahead and ordered 10 more at that price.

Yes, that’s a total (so far) of 30 twenty-rd mags but, very seriously considering a 2nd SP9A3 based on good points by wifey: 1) git ‘em while the gittin’s good; and, 2) we’ve always proceeded with the knowledge any item(s) we use defensively we likely won’t see again for a long time (depending upon jurisdiction, possibly VERY long time).

The final deciding factor will be recoil - if the felt recoil for her is as minimal as we’re hearing then that’ll be it, 2nd one will be inbound.

H*ll, she’s already talking about dumping both the 9mm and .40 cal Glock compatible SUb2000’s we travel with, now ...

Yesterday a buddy sold me a STAG-15 for $500 (that’s a little less than they were going for in 2018 but, he’s a bud so, wth) and it needs a mag release and a decent trigger so, I also used the Stribog mag purchases as an excuse and “dun” set up an account w Joe Bob and also snagged an advanced arms mag release kit and CMC drop in 3.5lb trigger.

Thanks again - I am pretty confident the $18.33 average I paid for each 20-rdr in 2021 will seem like a $mart move in 2023 and beyond ...! :smoke:

And no, I haven’t even begun snapping up 30-rdrs yet! :party29:

Hey, rockstarr, WILL YOU PM ME IF AND WHEN YOU EVER SEE THE NEW METAL REINFORCED 30-RD STRIBOG MAGS IN STOCK ANYWHERE?

Attachments

• 2275B0B5-F12F-4E8D-9DF9-67854CF8FDE7.jpeg
      2275B0B5-F12F-4E8D-9DF9-67854CF8FDE7.jpeg
      3.5 KB · Views: 138

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands

All kidding aside, THANK YOU @ rockstarr - I went ahead and ordered 10 more at that price.

Yes, that’s a total (so far) of 30 twenty-rd mags but, very seriously considering a 2nd SP9A3 based on good points by wifey: 1) git ‘em while the gittin’s good; and, 2) we’ve always proceeded with the knowledge any item(s) we use defensively we likely won’t see again for a long time (depending upon jurisdiction, possibly VERY long time).

The final deciding factor will be recoil - if the felt recoil for her is as minimal as we’re hearing then that’ll be it, 2nd one will be inbound.

H*ll, she’s already talking about dumping both the 9mm and .40 cal Glock compatible SUb2000’s we travel with, now ...

Yesterday a buddy sold me a STAG-15 for $500 (that’s a little less than they were going for in 2018 but, he’s a bud so, wth) and it needs a mag release and a decent trigger so, I also used the Stribog mag purchases as an excuse and “dun” set up an account w Joe Bob and also snagged an advanced arms mag release kit and CMC drop in 3.5lb trigger.

Thanks again - I am pretty confident the $18.33 average I paid for each 20-rdr in 2021 will seem like a $mart move in 2023 and beyond ...! :smoke:

Hey, rockstarr, WILL YOU PM ME IF AND WHEN YOU EVER SEE THE NEW METAL REINFORCED 30-RD STRIBOG MAGS IN STOCK ANYWHERE?

Glad I could help. Joe bobs is great. They ship super orders fast and use 2 day delivery so you’ll have them fast. Nothing but great experiences using them.

I don’t think I’ve seen the steel feed lip mags in stock ever, but I’ll let you know if I do.

Pinnacle

Firearm Licensing (MD, FL, AZ)
    Aug 11, 2020

Here you go:

https://www.preppergunshop.com/grand-power-stribog-9mm-30rd-magazine-with-steel-feed-lips

https://gunzonedeals.com/product/gr...ound-steel-feed-lip-reinforced-9mm-magazine-1

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012

@mistabgeez, THANK YOUUUUUUUUU!

Man, I checked GunZone Deals just the other night and they had none so, thank you AGAIN! :party29:

And, h*ll’s bells, I didn’t even know the first place you linked EVEN existed!

LOL, another post-midnight “nuke the AmEx” session! :lol2:

ETA: okay, so just ordered 10 30-rdrs so, with the 30 20-rdrs already inbound I should be set for range sessions, matches as well as def vehicle / travel deployments, for the foreseeable future.*

NOTE: PrepperGunShop attempted to charge tax as well as $10 shipping whereas GunZoneDeals did NOT charge tax and uninsured shipping was $9.00. So, even though I set up accounts at both sites, in the last analysis I went with GZD.com Insured woulda been $22.00 but either website accepted AmEx which is better than insurance: With my AmEx (iirc Platinum, it’s the translucent clear plastic card), if the vendor can’t produce proof it was delivered, within 10 days AmEx credits my account back the full amount.

Anyhoo, THANK YOU BOTH, AGAIN - VERY MUCH!

*I am still feeling the pain of not stocking up on mags like this when I bought a Colt 9mm AR decades ago; within a year or so those mags were a royal PIA to get ahold of and prices went stratospheric relative to what I coulda got em for at time of purchase (mag price always seem like a lot “then” but years down the road, oy vay!)

Last edited:

Pinnacle

Firearm Licensing (MD, FL, AZ)
    Aug 11, 2020
    @mistabgeez, THANK YOUUUUUUUUU!

Man, I checked GunZone Deals just the other night and they had none so, thank you AGAIN! :party29:

And, h*ll’s bells, I didn’t even know the first place you linked EVEN existed!

LOL, another post-midnight “nuke the AmEx” session! :lol2:

ETA: okay, so just ordered 10 30-rdrs so, with the 30 20-rdrs already inbound I should be set for range sessions, matches as well as def vehicle / travel deployments, for the foreseeable future.*

NOTE: PrepperGunShop attempted to charge tax as well as $10 shipping whereas GunZoneDeals did NOT charge tax and uninsured shipping was $9.00. So, even though I set up accounts at both sites, in the last analysis I went with GZD.com Insured woulda been $22.00 but either website accepted AmEx which is better than insurance: With my AmEx (iirc Platinum, it’s the translucent clear plastic card), if the vendor can’t produce proof it was delivered, within 10 days AmEx credits my account back the full amount.

Anyhoo, THANK YOU BOTH, AGAIN - VERY MUCH!

*I am still feeling the pain of not stocking up on mags like this when I bought a Colt 9mm AR decades ago; within a year or so those mags were a royal PIA to get ahold of and prices went stratospheric relative to what I coulda got em for at time of purchase (mag price always seem like a lot “then” but years down the road, oy vay!)

Just a heads up on the mags. The steel lip mags are much stiffer than the OEM mags that come with the Stribog. When you get them take them a part and apply very light lube on the receiver and the interior of the mag. This will help avoid FTF/FTE issues. Ask me how I know. :D

There are lots of places that recommend different things to use so I suggest you dig around a bit. Everyone has different reasons for which lubricant they use and why.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Just a heads up on the mags. The steel lip mags are much stiffer than the OEM mags that come with the Stribog. When you get them take them a part and apply very light lube on the receiver and the interior of the mag. This will help avoid FTF/FTE issues. Ask me how I know. :D

There are lots of places that recommend different things to use so I suggest you dig around a bit. Everyone has different reasons for which lubricant they use and why.

Thanks (again)!

I will try and remember to follow-up but, according to the rep at Ranier Arms the SP9A3 I ordered is coming with three of the current production steel reinforced 30-rd mags. Those were also what was pictured with the pistol (unless there is a difference between the steel lips on the 3 that come with the gun and the ones I ordered?)

I VERY MUCH APPRECIATE ANY INFO any other owners can share up! :party29:

The MAC video (linked ^upthread^) also emphasizes the need to lube the stick mags and, he also REALLY stresses it on the INSIDE of the mags tubes and springs, just once. Interesting.

LOL, I know what you mean about lube loyalty! :lol2:

I’m gonna try some XPS which I tripped across maintaining a SeaDoo and am really, REALLY impressed with where I need a lube that once applied and wiped off remains slick as snot but, does not attract sh*t, sand, grit, grime, etc.

Somebody asked why I’m snapping up such an unholy qty of 20-rd mags and one reason is an owner out West who swears he prefers the A1 20-rdrs over all others. He admits his experiences may not jive with everyone else’s but, he carries his A3 in harms way not far from the border and he swears if his life is gonna depend on them he carries multiple 20-rdrs. His prediction is they are what’s gonna be in high demand someday but, that’s just his WAG. And mine also now, I suppose ...

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands

I haven’t had any failure to feed issues yet, but I haven’t really rapid fired this thing either so, I’m not sure if I will or not. I only have the 3 non steel lip mags that came with the pistol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom