Vortex Spitfire 1x prism sight...love it!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    I just got a Vortex Spitfire non magnified prism sight

I haven't even used it yet and I already love it!

I tried a Vortex red dot a few months back and learned I have a horrible astigmatism. (Who knew?) I couldn't see anything but a huge red blinding blur in that sight.

But the prism site with the reticle etched into the glass and lit red or green without a laser...it is amazing. Crystal clear despite my newfound horrible disability

Can even keep 2 eyes open and the frame of the sight mostly disappears for an unobstructed view with a dot on it

I am so happy with this!

That is all. Just sayin'. Good suggestion for anyone with an astigmatism

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I got a Burris 3X for my vortex red dot and oddly enough the blurry goes away a little.

My last build will be getting a 3X spitfire though. Gotta chill for a min. Recent bought a Burris 3X, Eotech, 3 HGs, and 3 foregrips

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    It's amazing what a difference the method of lighting makes in the clarity. I mean I thought it would be a little better...but it's night and day from the red dot

Only downside is the Spitfire light is visible from down range if you are looking right at the glass

So if you had the brightness way up at night you will be broadcasting your location. Not that most people use these in a tactical environment. For hunting, 3 gun, range plinking it's a non issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom