• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Just another reason I never go to OC you can have it. MY wife's sister lives near the coast in NC that's where we go instead of OC. No "Popping UP" going on there always nice and peaceful quite.

Last edited:

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Here is a link describing what the OCPD is planning to welcome the participants.
    https://mdcoastdispatch.com/2020/09/23/officials-issue-warnings-with-pop-up-rally-in-ocean-city/

This is what OC residents received in the mail!

Unfortunately this will wreck the OC cruising events!

The spin of the notice reminds me of what's happening out West. Government just throws up their hands and lets it community get taken over.
    In addition, we urge our visitors seeking a family-friendly experience to visit Ocean City for another weekend.

I think the "family-friendly" experience in OC is a bit gone most weekends compared to other beaches.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    $3,980 in fines. Awesome. Hope all those asshate get that

Nah. Racking up the most in fines is part of the game.

When Bobby shows up with his prego GF and 2 toddlers in tow, he will ask the court to forgive all but court fees. Being such a good father and such, just trying to make an honest living at the car wash.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Nah. Racking up the most in fines is part of the game.

When Bobby shows up with his prego GF and 2 toddlers in tow, he will ask the court to forgive all but court fees. Being such a good father and such, just trying to make an honest living at the car wash.

You haven’t been in the OC court have you? They don’t drop fines but will drop time “if” your local. God forbid if they bring an out of town Lawyer, they’re F’d then:lol2:

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    OC court? Is it OC or Worcester County?
    I've been in court for speeding ticket of family member. His fine was reduced. MANY others had theirs reduced also.

I think the purpose OC is doing is to make things painful
    Honestly, I don't mind the cars being here but things got out of hand with vandalism, excessive speeding, noise and throwing things at the police.
    They basically had to "go too far" this year before pulling back maybe next year.

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    At the entrance to the Special Event Zone ,have a road block handing out printed directions to Virginia Beach ?

Virginia Beach is much better than OC Maryland any day of the week. At least it was when I lived in Norfolk.

Sampson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 24, 2013
    White Marsh
    Virginia Beach is much better than OC Maryland any day of the week. At least it was when I lived in Norfolk.

Virginia beach dealt with this many years ago. They would ticket you on Atlantic Ave if they saw your car twice within a time period on Fri and Sat night. The gridlock made it very easy for the police to just pull over cars while on foot, no way they could escape.

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    I remember when they had a ban on cruising the strip...I would just park and walk(with a backpack of beer.) and watch.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    When people push the boundaries, some things may be let to slide(wink wink nudge nudge)... until enough is enough and people need to be reigned in a bit. I don't go there for the car rallies, but I do go for Bike Week. I see people doing burnouts and drag racing from light to light... revving their engines like no one has ever heard that sound before. Some things are a minor annoyance while other things are downright dangerous. "It's all fun and games... until someone gets hurt". If the H2O people acted safe and responsible, instead of "we're takin' over the town..." maybe the police wouldn't have to be such "hard asses". But until people respect others, they need to understand that the purpose of the OCPD is to maintain law and order(not to be jackboots).

I was sad to see that Wild Bill's/Atlantic Hotel eliminated the Burnout Pit... It gave people a place to see the craziness of that while having safety measures in place to keep people from harm's way. Same would hold true for the H20 fans.

jmho... ymmv.

mdunphyjr

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2010
    North point / Dundalk
    When people push the boundaries, some things may be let to slide(wink wink nudge nudge)... until enough is enough and people need to be reigned in a bit. I don't go there for the car rallies, but I do go for Bike Week. I see people doing burnouts and drag racing from light to light... revving their engines like no one has ever heard that sound before. Some things are a minor annoyance while other things are downright dangerous. "It's all fun and games... until someone gets hurt". If the H2O people acted safe and responsible, instead of "we're takin' over the town..." maybe the police wouldn't have to be such "hard asses". But until people respect others, they need to understand that the purpose of the OCPD is to maintain law and order(not to be jackboots).

I was sad to see that Wild Bill's/Atlantic Hotel eliminated the Burnout Pit... It gave people a place to see the craziness of that while having safety measures in place to keep people from harm's way. Same would hold true for the H20 fans.

jmho... ymmv.
    2020 Bike week was pretty sad!

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    2020 Bike week was pretty sad!

Yes it was... but I was glad to see the amount of bikes that showed even though the main event was cancelled. I was trying to figure out how to mount ape hangers on crutches...:D

Attachments

• legbrace8.jpg
      legbrace8.jpg
      13.3 KB · Views: 412

chuck

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2016
    Anne Arundel

jmho... ymmv.

I would love to see cops doing what they are doing during this event for Bike Week and Crusin. File bikes into one lane on the strip, then ticketing or impounding every one with a non stock exhaust or other trivial modification.

That would really get the message across that OC is a family town.

mdunphyjr

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2010
    North point / Dundalk
    Yes it was... but I was glad to see the amount of bikes that showed even though the main event was cancelled. I was trying to figure out how to mount ape hangers on crutches...:D
    Sorry about your leg sir, and yes there was a decent sized crowd! The weather wasnt all the great anyway. Wild Bill's was definitely different this year.... it was hard just to find a 2020 Bike Week shirt this year lol.

I did read there was a pretty bad accident on friday night I believe?

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    I would love to see cops doing what they are doing during this event for Bike Week and Crusin. File bikes into one lane on the strip, then ticketing or impounding every one with a non stock exhaust or other trivial modification...

No... I would not like to see "what's good for the goose... "... nor, would I like to see the PD become heavy handed... see lines highlighted in my previous post below. However, I do stand against folks who have a total disregard for the safety of others... be it bikers... Jeepers... Cruisers... H2Oers... or any other group who pushes the boundaries too far.

When people push the boundaries, some things may be let to slide(wink wink nudge nudge)...

...they need to understand that the purpose of the OCPD is to maintain law and order(not to be jackboots)...

The H20 rally is of no interest to me, therefore, I do not participate. But, I have been the subject of dinner table discussion and a pretty good ribbing about being pulled over in OC by Law Enforcement... for a "trivial modification"(apes on the Panhead)... and for not wearing an approved dome cap(2 hrs. later on a different bike... by the same agency).

Attachments

• IMG_20130912_145957_041 - Copy.jpg
      IMG_20130912_145957_041 - Copy.jpg
      31.9 KB · Views: 341

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    No problem with arresting and fining people for actual dangerous and illegal activity violating the rights of others, racing, fighting etc. But declaring the entire city a "special event zone" rabidly enforcing arbitrary MVA equipment rules on vehicles not subject to MD inspection, and basically shutting down the roadways is unconstitutional BS, unfortunate so many are OK with it because the target is a group of unruly A-holes from out of state.

t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD

jmho... ymmv.

Don't get me wrong, I love bike week and came for decades before selling my bikes but more people get hurt at bike week than H20i.

chuck

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2016
    Anne Arundel
    No... I would not like to see "what's good for the goose... "... nor, would I like to see the PD become heavy handed... see lines highlighted in my previous post below. However, I do stand against folks who have a total disregard for the safety of others... be it bikers... Jeepers... Cruisers... H2Oers... or any other group who pushes the boundaries too far.

The OCPD has obviously become heavy handed. So is your premise that only H2O has bad apples, or that those getting tickets are the ones causing issues?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom