• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    Lets see your deer stands! Some are very sophisticated and a lot of time, money and engineering went into them. True redneck works of art.
    Here's mine, side view and the other overlooking the crab apple tree. :D Note my dear wife loaned me her ferns.

Attachments

• IMG_4022.jpg
      IMG_4022.jpg
      74 KB · Views: 285
    • IMG_4024.jpg
      IMG_4024.jpg
      167 KB · Views: 292

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    No pictures of my stand, but you can see my blind in this one. My stand isn’t up yet back in the woods.

Attachments

• 5C5EE9C3-2659-4B4F-B388-69EAA9B037F4.jpg
      5C5EE9C3-2659-4B4F-B388-69EAA9B037F4.jpg
      100.4 KB · Views: 260

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    No pictures of my stand, but you can see my blind in this one. My stand isn’t up yet back in the woods.

Be cognizant of the travel of those limbs on your compound. If one whacks your deck railing, it's not going to be good for you or the bow.

Nice hunting spot though. I'd love to be able to amble out in my bathrobe and take a shot, and then go back in and finish my coffee. :)

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Ah deck hunting. Its one of my favorite seasons. Lets me sleep in and its great when its brutal cold out. Have a deck off the 2nd story master bedroom that is 25 yards overlooking a major trail. My new blind has been on order since August. Unfortunately w covid these can take up to 10 weeks to ship. I'm hoping to use it for the gun opener morning. https://www.hotspring.com/shop-hot-tub-models/hotspot/5-person-hot-tubs-pace-value-priced-hot-tubs

Yes sir. :)

Capture.jpg

I was out in my hot tub at 0430 this morning. Not as pictured above... but I am glad hot tub season is arriving.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    First one is mobile built of the top of an Irrigation pivot. It has school bus windows in it. Can be treacherous when its frozen and you climb on the steel to get in on the left side
    Second one is hard to see them in the cut over when it starts to get dark but they walk right down that road.
    Last one is a good one but the steps have green slime on them now so you have to throw some sand on them to keep from slippery. Its all carpeted inside and has been sealed up to keep it wind proof.
    The tops of those old windows are spray painted black to darken them and theirs a swatch of cloth that can moved around to keep yourself from becoming silhouetted if you want to stand for a while.

Dales Stand.JPG

Hills box stand.jpg

box stand.jpg

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    First one is mobile built of the top of an Irrigation pivot. It has school bus windows in it. Can be treacherous when its frozen and you climb on the steel to get in on the left side
    Second one is hard to see them in the cut over when it starts to get dark but they walk right down that road.
    Last one is a good one but the steps have green slime on them now so you have to throw some sand on them to keep from slippery. Its all carpeted inside and has been sealed up to keep it wind proof.
    The tops of those old windows are spray painted black to darken them and theirs a swatch of cloth that can moved around to keep yourself from becoming silhouetted if you want to stand for a while.

View attachment 295670

View attachment 295671

View attachment 295672

I like it, well done!

GSuders

Dec 13, 2017
    Keymar
    I have 3 of these built place at different locations on farms I hunt. This particular one is over looking a 20 acre field. They are 4x6' stands, 8-10' high. Very comfy for 2 people to hunt.

Attachments

• 5-2 (8).jpg
      5-2 (8).jpg
      171.4 KB · Views: 185

Derwood

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2011
    DC area
    I got the Lone Wolf flip top climber combo for this season. Before that, I used a simpler Lone Wolf model that was great but the seat wasn't nearly as comfortable. I've done four sits so far in it and I love it. They improved the design quite a bit since the last model so it's much quieter and easier to strap on now. I do a lot of public land hunting so I'm pretty much restricted to using a climber. I can't wait to be able to do some deck hunting once I move. It doesn't get any better than that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom