• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Similar to how the cyber security section is a sub forum of the Prepper section, it would be good to have an “in stock ammo” and other good gun deals section that is a sub forum of the WC. I know there’s a members only thread in the WC for in stock ammo now, but it’s a pain to see the deals with all the discussions going on at the same time.

A hidden sub forum for ammo deals would be good not just during panic times, but in normal times as well.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Similar to how the cyber security section is a sub forum of the Prepper section, it would be good to have an “in stock ammo” and other good gun deals section that is a sub forum of the WC. I know there’s a members only thread in the WC for in stock ammo now, but it’s a pain to see the deals with all the discussions going on at the same time.

A hidden sub forum for ammo deals would be good not just during panic times, but in normal times as well.

There is but it’s limited to IP and those with 24k+ posts.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    The ammo thread in the WC is up to 1,000 pages, seems like that volume of posting justifies a sub forum

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Then there will just be one more thread to check/add to. Nothing wrong with the existing one IMO. You think a new one won't include discussions, sidetracks, tangents, etc.?

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Then there will just be one more thread to check/add to. Nothing wrong with the existing one IMO. You think a new one won't include discussions, sidetracks, tangents, etc.?

:lol: EVERY thread on MDS has to have 3% posts unrelated to the original. I'm guilty myself.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

I don’t think you know the diff between a sub forum and a thread

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Then there will just be one more PLACE to check/add to.

OK, I reworded my post to reflect my intended point.

Not really an issue for me, just don't see the point in micro-dividing the forums. If a deal was found for a scope, light, gun, or whatever why not just start a new thread in the WC? IMO, the only things that would sustain interest and participation over time anyway would be ammo, reloading supplies, and maybe mags :shrug:

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    OK, I reworded my post to reflect my intended point.

Not really an issue for me, just don't see the point in micro-dividing the forums. If a deal was found for a scope, light, gun, or whatever why not just start a new thread in the WC? IMO, the only things that would sustain interest and participation over time anyway would be ammo, reloading supplies, and maybe mags :shrug:

Because people looking specifically for ammo deals could peep the sub forum and know what was out there without wading through all the other threads of no interest in the WC.

One way to do would just be move the depot section to the WC or restrict the ability of members without a certain number of posts to see the Depot section, that would be the same thing.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I see your point and it doesn't matter to me, one way or the other. Look at the AR 15 Build Info sticky. It's over 900 posts long. It's so long that is isn't very functional any more.
    I think ammo is so "here today, gone tomorrow" that a dedicated thread would end up as a long list of useless information.
    Just my 2 cents.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I think ammo is so "here today, gone tomorrow" that a dedicated thread would end up as a long list of useless information.
    Just my 2 cents.

Could say the same thing about the entire Depot section :shrug:

Also maybe an AR-15 build sub forum would be useful as well

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Who cares? As long as there not irrelevant threads being posted.

How would you see a whole forum being used?

One thread per ammo type/caliber? A thread per general location in MD?

I'm not opposed but I see no real advantage over a single thread. Most people are looking for more than 1 ammo type anyway.

Eliminating all of the running commentary in the ammo thread would be more helpful (fewer pages to go through, fewer unnecessary bumps to the thread when there isn't any new useful info), but that would present more work for the mods or require ammo crates full of self control from the members, which we clearly don't have. ;)

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010

This is the MDS, of course it will. Has more of the than actual ammo listings.....

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Well that just makes me feel hopeless...

*****Don't feel hopeless as you can always request a forum for folks with 810 posts but fewer than 2500 posts so that will get rid of the 24k + guys.

There is definitely a sweet spot in there somewhere for a forum that has in stock ammo at below panic prices, and mebbe even free shipping, on election days.

Could happen...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom