• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    And go.

Which one should I get? If one were to find, what appears to be, very well done refurb Cz75 with magwells modified to accept Cz75b magazines (so it can go both ways) in the $475-500 range, would you get one? Or would you spend the (likely) bit more and track down a Cz75b? I am seeing prices in the $700-900 range for a new Cz75b (if one can be found in the current climate) and in the $600-1200 range for a used one.

I am aware there are some parts incompatibility between the models, slide stop and safety? I know that the hammer was also changed. Is any of the stuff from the B backwards compatible? I am not as concerned about keeping a model correct gun as I am on keeping it running till my kids or future grandkids would inherit it. I am not aware of them being particularly prone to breakage, but it would suck to have a part break and not be able to fix the gun at all (as I am aware that the non-B had much more limited production and the parts are not made any more with the introduction of the B model).

I don't view a Cz75 is some curio or relic where I'd just shot it a little a couple of times a year like my M57 and P1 get treated (both of which I probably take out and put a box of ammo through them 2-3 times a year). Now, my glock would probably still get shot more, but I'd view this is the sort of thing that often got tossed in my range bag in case I got done and wanted more fun. So probably at least 300-400 rounds a year (I mean, not like competitive shooter volumes of ammo, but well used). It'll see heavy weight loads, some plus +, JHP, etc.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Get the B. I don't have a "pre-B" but have shot one, and it didn't feel significantly different. Some claim the trigger and action is smoother. B's are backed by CZ's warranty while pre's are not. B's accept the newer mags.

But really, wait until the madness is past, then go buying. Right now is a fricking ridiculous time to shop.

damosan

Feb 21, 2009
    But really, wait until the madness is past, then go buying. Right now is a fricking ridiculous time to shop.

Agreed - though I'd suggest OP continues searching. They'll eventually find a consignment shooter somewhere.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Pre-B 75's and 'transitional' models (75B's with rounded trigger guards) are not significantly different from a modern 75B in the way they shoot. If you could find a good deal on a 'project' 75B and don't mind doing some work on it, they usually turn out pretty nice. I've seen some amazing restoration jobs done on Israeli-capture 75 Compacts.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Go 75b. Like the above comment mentions you can get decent deals on Israeli import 75b, and 75d compacts from Mach 1 Arsenal. They shoot awesome with a tiny bit of cleanup or can be made to look new with good refurb work.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Just get a B if and when you can, decent batches of them come up in surplus and a lot of PD's in Europe had them so there are likely more coming when things settle down. Once you get a B then you can start thinking SP-01, PCR.

That said a Pre-B with a hammer is sweet, just a little more of a collector these days. I have one, its a little beat up but fun gun.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Go 75b. Like the above comment mentions you can get decent deals on Israeli import 75b, and 75d compacts from Mach 1 Arsenal. They shoot awesome with a tiny bit of cleanup or can be made to look new with good refurb work.

I found these, but Mach 1 says they will not sell to MD residents. I really want these, do you know how to convince them to ship to us?

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    I found these, but Mach 1 says they will not sell to MD residents. I really want these, do you know how to convince them to ship to us?

Email them. They will simply ship without mags.

They can be made to look like this. I just finished this one this weekend.

Attachments

• 20201102_095035.jpg
      20201102_095035.jpg
      41.7 KB · Views: 183
    • 20201102_095143.jpg
      20201102_095143.jpg
      36.9 KB · Views: 187
    Last edited:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    75b it is. Thanks guys!

Yeah, I am not in a huge hurry, just trying to get my "next gun" ducks in a row. I am looking at a 75b, 92fs, some bolt gun in 6.5 Grendel, Marlin Dark or Henry X in .357 or possibly a C&R long gun.

The dark and X just don't seem to be available right now. The handguns probably make sense to just wait till it is all calmed down and first time gun buyers are turning in to former gun owners. So probably a 6.5 Grendel bolt gun (I've got a couple ARs in 6.5 Grendel and I'd really like a bolt gun in it). More C&R long guns also tickle my pickle. So dunno.

Anyway, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom