Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I Paid $159 for 200 Rounds of 223 and I don't care, I bought it anyways. :D

I am going to the range. Period.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Replace every 5th round with a snap cap, You'll get better at clearing it and the ammo will last longer.....

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    I've been watching the classifieds here, ammo doesn't seem to be selling.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Yea, I'm trying to debug a poly80, at 60 cents a round... I'm hesitant to shoot anything :(

Debug a gun and blast through the ammo or have a problem gun with plenty of ammo....

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Yea, I'm trying to debug a poly80, at 60 cents a round... I'm hesitant to shoot anything :(

Debug a gun and blast through the ammo or have a problem gun with plenty of ammo....
    I blew through ~150 rounds of 9mm last Sunday with my M11/9. YOLO.

Of course, that's much easier calculus when you're still stocked deep in primers. Geez, who knows when those are gonna come around again at this rate. :P I'm a lot more worried about my rifle caliber expenditure; I can't reload that nearly as fast as 9mm.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I am just not shooting much because with everything going on I don’t have the time. We are home schooling our younger two and the eldest, in middle school, is a hell of a handful with virtual school. Work’s been busy as hell even if I am working from home full time. I am the program manager and the team leader transitioned off in to a leadership program and is gone for the next year. Maybe he’ll be temporarily back filled. So I get to do his job and mine for however long that lasts. Same pay of course. Government doesn’t pay you more just because you do more (okay, private sector often doesn’t either). Not the first time it’s happened where I’ve had to wear two hats, but doesn’t make it any less busy. Been rushing to get my basement finished before in-laws came for Thanksgiving. Had to isolate the last 3 weeks because my sister-in-law is severely immune compromised and they’ve basically been shut ins since March. Only way to see them in person and probably won’t till summer again it sounds like.

But I go and transfer a new rifle this weekend once everyone leaves. Hopefully get to the range same day or maybe early next week and shoot a few things. I don’t worry much about replacing the Ammo. Just reloading it. I dunno, unless I go crazy I’ve got a few years of ammo on hand and that’s for how often I’d been shooting before the pandemic. Since I am going to the range like half as often and probably shooting a thurs as much. It less “a nice fun trip to shoot a few guns and enjoy myself” and more like “I need to try a couple reloads and head home” or “sight in a scope”.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom