• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    There’s a new guy here who says he grew up in Baltimore county on the Chesapeake Bay. I had an old boss who said the Inner Horrible downtown was the Chesapeake Bay and it is, without a doubt, the Patapsco River Basin.

I say Baltimore County is on the Gun Powder River. Please chastise me accordingly if I am wrong.

This kind of nonsense clearly belongs in the Water Cooler, but I want the new guy to be able to see the argument so I’ve posted it here.

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    I grew up along Back River and considered it the same as "growing up on the Bay"

It's a whole 5 minute boat ride to the 'Bay proper'

Just like I say I am from Baltimore when I don't think I have ever slept even a single night inside the city limits in my entire life

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    There’s a new guy here who says he grew up in Baltimore county on the Chesapeake Bay. I had an old boss who said the Inner Horrible downtown was the Chesapeake Bay and it is, without a doubt, the Patapsco River Basin.

I say Baltimore County is on the Gun Powder River. Please chastise me accordingly if I am wrong.

This kind of nonsense clearly belongs in the Water Cooler, but I want the new guy to be able to see the argument so I’ve posted it here.

Edgemere? Dundalk maybe?

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    I grew up along Back River and considered it the same as "growing up on the Bay"

It's a whole 5 minute boat ride to the 'Bay proper'

Just like I say I am from Baltimore when I don't think I have ever slept even a single night inside the city limits in my entire life

I am glad you are on the same level. I have always called it on the bay here. I can jump in my boat and drive 5 minutes and Bay Bridge in view. Its all connected the same. I live in Baltimore County also.

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay

Sorry you feel that way and it really bothers you that I said on the bay. I have always considered it on the bay. I always will. Sorry if you dont agree but Ii am not here to argue with you or anyone else. That is not me and life is too short. Have a nice day and mean you no disrespect. Just here to enjoy the posts and info and input. I have frequented this site for a long time and just recently decided to join.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    I've been told my Geography skills are pretty good. (i.e. No one would ever let me have "Geography" as my final category in Trivia Pursuit ) Looking at Google maps, Baltimore County from the mouth of the Gunpowder down to the mouth of the Patapsco would certainly qualify as "on the bay"

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

lawrencewendall

Been There, Done That
    Oct 10, 2009
    Sorry you feel that way and it really bothers you that I said on the bay. I have always considered it on the bay. I always will. Sorry if you dont agree but Ii am not here to argue with you or anyone else. That is not me and life is too short. Have a nice day and mean you no disrespect. Just here to enjoy the posts and info and input. I have frequented this site for a long time and just recently decided to join.

Don't take it personally. It's part of the vetting (venting?) process. :D Welcome.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County

Welcome and don't take anything personally. Sometimes, on the internet, discussions can come off as arguements

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Maybe I can't read a map, the the SW section appears to border the bay to me.

mdmap.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom