• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigkach

May 20, 2020
    Reisterstown
    My car was broken into last night in Reisterstown. They were trying each car in my neighborhood and got into mine. Luckily they didn't take anything because my neighbor saw them but it could have been worse.

I was gonna put my rifle and ammo bag in my car last night since I knew I was going to the range early in the morning but I'm glad I told myself that my car isn't a safe spot for my gun.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Happens everywhere. Thieves check for unlocked doors and take what they can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigkach

May 20, 2020
    Reisterstown
    Happens everywhere. Thieves check for unlocked doors and take what they can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

very true. Don't even know how my car was unlocked. Guess I hit the button when it was in my pocket. They went through my center console which just had masks and trash in it lol.

DontTreadOnMe

Dec 10, 2016
    If the car was unlocked it wasn’t “broken into.” This happens in my neighborhood from time to time and people still leave their cars unlocked.

There’s no excuse for thievery but please don’t make it easy for the criminals. I know you said it was accidental but check your doors!

travistheone

Usual Suspect
    Dec 11, 2008
    cockeysville
    If the car was unlocked it wasn’t “broken into.” This happens in my neighborhood from time to time and people still leave their cars unlocked.

There’s no excuse for thievery but please don’t make it easy for the criminals. I know you said it was accidental but check your doors!

legally you are incorrect.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    I am self employed, service work, cargo van.
    I am in Home depot/Lowes 2-5 times a day, for 20+ years.
    I always lock my doors.
    4 years ago, ONE time I did not lock my van. It got robbed, grabbed what tools were readily visible.

Lesson: Most every time I park my van someone is checking the doors to see if they are unlocked.

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    Happens in my neighborhood once a year

Cops told me they put a bunch of city kids in a van and drive them to the suburbs at 3am to start checking door handles

They do a different neighborhood each night

Then they pack what they haul into a van and go back to the city

DontTreadOnMe

Dec 10, 2016
    Happens in my neighborhood once a year

Cops told me they put a bunch of city kids in a van and drive them to the suburbs at 3am to start checking door handles

They do a different neighborhood each night

Then they pack what they haul into a van and go back to the city

Same here. Every time a bunch of cars are unlocked. They never enter the cars forceful, just check for unlocked cars.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    very true. Don't even know how my car was unlocked. Guess I hit the button when it was in my pocket. They went through my center console which just had masks and trash in it lol.

Need a faraday bag for your key fob. Or a piece of aluminum foil.

Attachments

• 336B3129-56FF-4044-975A-BCD43BE19320.jpg
      336B3129-56FF-4044-975A-BCD43BE19320.jpg
      129 KB · Views: 544

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    There is a jiggler key that will open just about every older Ford sedan door ever made in a few seconds.

In my Covid lockdown boredom, I started watching lock picking videos. It is amazing how worthless most of the locks are that you can buy at hardware stores and places like Walmart.

Bigkach

May 20, 2020
    Reisterstown
    There is a jiggler key that will open just about every older Ford sedan door ever made in a few seconds.

In my Covid lockdown boredom, I started watching lock picking videos. It is amazing how worthless most of the locks are that you can buy at hardware stores and places like Walmart.

Yeah having a CRV I know there probably is an easy way to get into it.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I absolutely never leave guns in my car overnight, and it's EXTREMELY rare for me to leave ammo in there just because I'm paranoid I'll accidentally drive through DC with it. If I've got a class or match the next day, MAYBE I'll stage outside of my safe in a locked room.

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    Reisterstown has always been sketchy. Even in the nice parts. They come out mostly at night. I like to walk my dog at night and Its a healthy mix of trucks spotlighting deer in a residential neighborhood (albeit wooded and loaded w deer) + cars reeking of weed slow rolling looking to get into some inner city type BS.

Bigkach

May 20, 2020
    Reisterstown
    Reisterstown has always been sketchy. Even in the nice parts. They come out mostly at night. I like to walk my dog at night and Its a healthy mix of trucks spotlighting deer in a residential neighborhood (albeit wooded and loaded w deer) + cars reeking of weed slow rolling looking to get into some inner city type BS.

Growing up in Reisterstown my whole life except for 2 years in Westminster it's definitely changed for the worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom