• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1978Datsun

Dec 15, 2020
    Carroll County, MD
    Remington 1858 black powder, specifically a low-quality reproduction I paid about 100 dollars for. I should have spent more and gotten the Pietta.

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    Remington 1858 black powder, specifically a low-quality reproduction I paid about 100 dollars for. I should have spent more and gotten the Pietta.

Who made the repo you bought? IMHO Pietta is pretty bottom of the barrel compared to the Uberti BUT you know what they say about opinions.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I knew I wasn't going to like the Ruger Redhawk 7.5" I bought for IHMSA matches back in 1982 but, I got it anyway. I shot one match with it and immediately went back to my S&W Model 57. Trigger sucked. Sights were smaller and not nearly as precise as S&W's.

Mossberg 930 SPX. Firing pin literally shattered within 60-70 rounds of 00 buck defense loads. Sent it back to Mossberg and after they fixed it, I was glad to get rid of it.

6" S&W 629-10 purchased in 2016. Its issues had issues. Cylinder would lock-up so tight after three rounds of factory 240gr 44 Magnum ammo that I had to hit the cylinder with a mallet to get it open. 4x trips back to S&W for warranty repairs didn't help.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    glad I got rid of an AMT DAO Backup

Why?

I picked up an AMT BackUp for a good price off Gun Broker.

I wanted one back when they came out.

It is heavy, especially compared to my poly frame carry pistols. :D

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Bought a Springfield XDS .45. Was actually pretty comfortable to shoot and I shot it really well. Sent it back for the recall and when I got it back the trigger was complete garbage. Never shot it well after that and ended up selling it. Good riddance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MD80

Oct 11, 2019
    Hazzard County
    Marlin 336 30-30. Was young and dumb, sold it for cheap in like new condition. It had a scope, maybe a Bushnell. It probably was "JM" stamped as well (around year 2000 production).

But that was before I knew about that sort of thing. Now I have a Winchester Model 94 in equivalent condition, so all is well.

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    Marlin 336 30-30. Was young and dumb, sold it for cheap in like new condition. It had a scope, maybe a Bushnell. It probably was "JM" stamped as well (around year 2000 production).

But that was before I knew about that sort of thing. Now I have a Winchester Model 94 in equivalent condition, so all is well.

For what it's worth the 94 is a much nicer looking gun and maybe stronger.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Ruger Red Label 20 Gauge. Nice looking and well built but did not fit me well. Beretta A400 Xcel Parallel Target; got a Browning Citori O/U instead which I like better for an all-round clays gun. Mossin M44; a gorgeous laminate stock that is minute of barn. My son has it as a project rifle.

And I would also like to add pistol brace firearms; I would rather have it as an SBR or SBR + can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom