• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Thanks guys. I double checked and looks like their slides are out of stock and only threaded G19 barrels. Sigh. Damned shortages.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Thanks guys. I double checked and looks like their slides are out of stock and only threaded G19 barrels. Sigh. Damned shortages.
    The Brownells slides are the best of the after-market slides, IMHO. Might want to take a look.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    The Brownells slides are the best of the after-market slides, IMHO. Might want to take a look.

I have a G34. But no luck in what I want for a 19. They have RMR cut ones in stock (that is what I have for my 34), but I really just want an iron sight slide for my 19 build.

Turns out Midway has Sweson barrels and slides on sale right now. Former in stock, the later in stock supposedly tomorrow. So I went that direction. I have a Sweson barrel and slide on my 17 and they work well.

I could some year regret not having an optic cut, but it looks like more and more red dots with a dove tail mount and if I am going with a compact frame, I really, really want to ensure the dot is as low as I can get it. Not remotely near committing to a dot for the gun I haven't built yet. Which I know adds more expense in a few years if I go with a dot that isn't dovetail cut, but don't want to commit to an RMR or Holosun now (the G34 I'll probably go holosun, but if I need an adapter I am not that concerned about it sitting a little higher because of an adapter).

Though can possibly sell the old slide and recoup a lot of the cost.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County

Interesting, I have a brownells slide and I like it, other than the fact that the front serrations wrap over the top, looks kind of weird, but I have nothing else to compare it to. Why do you think they are the best aftermarkets?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Brownells slide random thoughts:

Serrations over the top actually make a lot of sense if you're bringing your whole hand over the front of the slide to rack it.

The RMR version is the version to get. It comes with (I think?) a cut-out cover. Or you can buy one. Don't buy non-optics-cut pistols anymore, guys, the future is upon us.

The Brownells slide in general is better than most due to:
    1. The quality of the machining and finish. I've had others, the Brownells was the best.
    2. The RMR cut is deeper than most (which allows for better co-witness with suppressor irons), and the screws are appropriately sized in length. It is also a fairly tight cut, which is good to prevent your RMR from getting pounded by recoil.
    3. Brownells warranty.
    4. Forward slide serrations (which others have, but not all).

I have the Swenson slide on my G17 (FF3), and it's good, but it's not as good as the Brownells.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Brownells slide random thoughts:

Serrations over the top actually make a lot of sense if you're bringing your whole hand over the front of the slide to rack it.

The RMR version is the version to get. It comes with (I think?) a cut-out cover. Or you can buy one. Don't buy non-optics-cut pistols anymore, guys, the future is upon us.

The Brownells slide in general is better than most due to:
    1. The quality of the machining and finish. I've had others, the Brownells was the best.
    2. The RMR cut is deeper than most (which allows for better co-witness with suppressor irons), and the screws are appropriately sized in length. It is also a fairly tight cut, which is good to prevent your RMR from getting pounded by recoil.
    3. Brownells warranty.
    4. Forward slide serrations (which others have, but not all).

I have the Swenson slide on my G17 (FF3), and it's good, but it's not as good as the Brownells.

Pretty much my thoughts as well with my G34 brownell's slide. Well, I haven't shot it yet (this Friday I am getting to the range hopefully, just put it together. Been sitting in a drawer for a few months).

But I doubt I'll ever be carrying my G19. Not unless MD law changes, so a bit of the "best of the best" is academic for me. Its a range gun really. If I get a bigger property and I am OC'ing a handgun on it, it is going to be either my G17 or 21 because the slight weight difference doesn't make a big difference to me and I'd rather have the bigger gun.

The cover is extra and I want to say $30. Which would push the total cost to closer to $250 compared to $170 for the Swenson on sale.

2ndatrades

Aug 20, 2020
    Howard County
    I’ve bought plenty of glock barrels and cheap AR BCGs from them. Haven’t used them in awhile. Used to have discount codes: TAKE10 or TAKE15 if I remember correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom