• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MdShooter1

Oct 7, 2020
    I was sorry to see Family Meal close. My wife and I loved the restaurant. Even after we moved from Frederick to Kent Island a few years ago, we would always stop there every time we were in Frederick. I thought the prices were fair, staff were always friendly and helpful. Food was always great! The building they were in was the showroom of a car dealership called 'Jenkins Oldsmobile'. The Cigar store and Brewery someone mentioned, are in the Service Dept. buildings.

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    It looks like we have quite a few members who live right down the street from each other.

As for Family Meal, a couple minutes walk on the weekend for breakfast. Loved getting their breakfast sandwich and substituting a sausage patty for the bacon. They never charged me extra for it. We also loved their coffee, and it was strong. After drinking a cup or two you better be close to a bathroom within 45 minutes or so because you were going to sh!t your ass off whether you wanted to or not.

Once Oscar's opened up they put a huge hurting on Family Meal. Much better food at lower prices AND really friendly staff. Plus, the managers were always coming around making sure everything is okay. Their burger of the week is my biggest vice and downfall for curbside.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    For all you AA County types reading about Oscar's......

That's Oscar's Ale House West in Fredneck....

Oscar's Ale House East is in the 'Dena....

MD 2 south of MD 100....the old Cheeseburger in Paradise space....

I'll vouch.......It's Good!!!!

Extensive Beer menu.....

Good food!!!!

P.S. Oscar's Ale House is in Eldersburg.....

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    It looks like we have quite a few members who live right down the street from each other.

As for Family Meal, a couple minutes walk on the weekend for breakfast. Loved getting their breakfast sandwich and substituting a sausage patty for the bacon. They never charged me extra for it. We also loved their coffee, and it was strong. After drinking a cup or two you better be close to a bathroom within 45 minutes or so because you were going to sh!t your ass off whether you wanted to or not.

Once Oscar's opened up they put a huge hurting on Family Meal. Much better food at lower prices AND really friendly staff. Plus, the managers were always coming around making sure everything is okay. Their burger of the week is my biggest vice and downfall for curbside.

My wife is deathly allergic to seafood so any time we visit a restaurant for the first time, we have to go through a sort of vetting process. I was impressed that both the head guy in the kitchen and the owner or manager came out to talk with her. They pan fried her burger in a clean pan. It’s one of our favorite places.

Also, x2 on the beer. I discovered Devil’s Backbone Vienna Lager there and have been buying it for home ever since.

Edit: we just went up to get some groceries. This is the new place that went into Padmini’s old location. Pretty big menu.

https://www.limaschicken.com/menus/

Last edited:

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    If we were close to Limas Chicken I would be going hard core on that Ceviche. It has been a long time since we were in central or South America. Best Ceviche I've ever had.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    I'll be the voice of dissent. Volt was a regular stop for the wife and I on our date night bar hop. We'd get a drink (or two) and an appetizer, UNTIL we found out about the burger special. Their mixed drinks were $10. But for $11, you could get a drink AND a burger with fries! And the burger was DAMN good. That became a staple for us, and it is something we will miss.

Only ate at Family Meal a couple of times because we really don't get over to that side of town, but I liked it well enough each time.

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    I'll be the voice of dissent. Volt was a regular stop for the wife and I on our date night bar hop. We'd get a drink (or two) and an appetizer, UNTIL we found out about the burger special. Their mixed drinks were $10. But for $11, you could get a drink AND a burger with fries! And the burger was DAMN good. That became a staple for us, and it is something we will miss.

Only ate at Family Meal a couple of times because we really don't get over to that side of town, but I liked it well enough each time.

I've heard they were good, but rather stay in town and get a burger from Cryin Johnnies.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Wag's does have great burgers but it's difficult to tell them apart from those at Five Guys...same with the fries. I usually have burgers at Wag's and the grilled hot dogs at Five Guys. My wife loves the Reuben at Wag's...consistently the best she's ever had.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Our favorites in Frederick are

Roadhouse pub down on 355, next to Mays seafood. Fantastic kitchen and rotating tap list

White rabbit in DTF. Lots of vegan options for my daughter and they will Crowley off anything on their extensive tap list.

Hooch and banter, market st just north of the creek. Little more expensive, and they’ve a fantastic bartender

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Since I’m poor I like Taco Daddy in DTF. I wore a gun shirt in there once and our waiter started telling me about his Polymer 80 build lol

IronDuck

MDS Supporter
    Jan 11, 2021
    Frederick ish MD
    Our favorites in Frederick are

Roadhouse pub down on 355, next to Mays seafood. Fantastic kitchen and rotating tap list

White rabbit in DTF. Lots of vegan options for my daughter and they will Crowley off anything on their extensive tap list.

Hooch and banter, market st just north of the creek. Little more expensive, and they’ve a fantastic bartender

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ditto on your list, all great places, I would add Firestone's to that list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom