FEDEX Delays - Almost 2 Weeks and no package!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TWM

Jul 4, 2013
    Howard Co
    I checked again this morning. UPS is still saying the delivery of my Midway order is still estimated by 9pm 2/13 (yes, two weeks in the past).

Sideways

Jan 24, 2010
    Eastern shore of Va.
    It's not just gun parts, I have a pair of golf shoes that shipped via Fed Ex on Feb 17 from Redmond WA. According to their website they made it to Cicero IL on Feb.22 and not moved since. :tdown:

boss66tcode

a bit of an Eddie Haskle
    Sep 8, 2008
    in 'da hills
    I ordered a part for a Remington 700 off gunbroker, the item shipped from Louisianna, made it to memphis, and was scheduled for delivery, but then got re-routed to Mississippi.

I guess they need a new map?

CMOS

One ragged donut hole
    Nov 13, 2009
    MoCo
    Fedex is sucking at doing it job as much as the Post Office, 2 day signature required going on day 6, no updates as to where the package is other then picked up 1154am Monday. If there a backup in deliveries due to weather and there hasn't been any weather in 10 days sounds like you need more flights or trucks to deal with your backlog, people have paid a 2 day service fee but are not getting what they were charged for. During all this we have had bad weather spill Amazon has deliveries twice this week and one was early!

Yep. Same experience here. Multiple 2nd Day packages getting delayed or misrouted for multiple days. Haven't had anything disappear entirely....yet. But the delays are inexplicable.

Fedex really gone downhill.

See the recent stories about the Fedex facility near baltimorgue at Sparrows Point?
    "10+ PlayStation 5s and a handgun among missing packages from Maryland FedEx facility" https://www.wmar2news.com/matterfor...missing-packages-from-maryland-fedex-facility

python

Apr 15, 2010
    Had some ammo shipped (FEDEX) from Texas on Tuesday (3/23). Arrived on Friday (3/26) as promised. Admittedly, I was a little surprised, but very pleased. Glad it was not in circulation too long, being what it was.

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Scope from brownells that shipped on the 15th, checked the status and it never went anywhere. Checked it every day and the delivery date kept getting kicked another day forward. It showed up on the 25th via the post office :rolleyes:

I have two parts to send back to rockauto (mfg shorted me two fittings, they want the two they did send to be sent back) and I fully expect the post office to get it wrong.

Scope3334

Industry Partner
    Mar 12, 2016
    I have been getting everything for the most part on time but my tracking shows that my order departed then next step i get is that it delivered. Its like its not getting scanned at other locations along the way.

WatTyler

Ultimate Member
    If it's something important - like ammunition - I can't trust them anymore. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing, even best case. I ordered 250 rounds of 9mm before Christmas. Pure gold, in other words. I didn't want the potential of a box with a black and white diamond on my porch in my absence, during the holidays, so I had the package diverted to a FedEx Office location for pickup. So far, no problem, everything moved along OK. Except the FedEx story is they tried to deliver it to the FedEx Office location on a Sunday. When the FedEx Office was not open. So it went back to the warehouse to be delivered another day. Where it was "lost." Now, I don't like to attribute to malice what can be explained by stupidity, but a black and white sticker on an itty-bitty box must look awfully tempting these days. Lesson learned.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The reason Fedex had these huge delays is because their Memphis hub closed down for almost a week due to snow, and damn near everything seems to flow through there if it's coming to us. I had a Fedex two day package that took about two weeks (more?) to get here as a result.

USPS, incidentally, contracts with Fedex for their air shipments... so if you had priority mail that was too far to be trucked, you got caught up in that, too. I had three USPS packages mailed around the 15th that got stuck in that hole. I've gotten one, another should be delivered today, and the third is still stuck in that black hole.

Most of this was networking stuff from random sellers... not an anti-gun conspiracy this time.

csxt602

Oct 29, 2020
    Essex, MD
    I had FedEx try to deliver two boxes yesterday that required a signature. My son didn't make it to the door in time, so the driver took them. The tracking showed that they would attempt delivery again today. One box was delivered this morning, the other is still sitting at FedEx in White Marsh. WTH?

I have two other boxes coming from FedEx, that left Memphis this morning. They are showing as a "shipping exception" due to "weather". I guess their A300's don't fly in sunshine?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210302-143148_WeatherBug.jpg
      Screenshot_20210302-143148_WeatherBug.jpg
      90.7 KB · Views: 169

dannyp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2018
    fedex left my package , marked EXPLOSIVES on top of my mailbox on a public street and that's okay ? (two lbs. of powder ) can't drive up my driveway and throw it in the yard ? ( note , my house is 1,000 ft. off the road . )

Viper385

Jan 17, 2018
    I had similar issues now with FedEx (I am still having tons of issues with USPS on packages). I had a package ship from KS to MD FedEx 2Day. Left KS on 2/15 and got stuck in Memphis for over 2 weeks. I had other packages ship FedEx Ground after 2/15, went through Memphis and already been delivered. The 2Day package finally got delivered yesterday.

jbonnie

Dec 20, 2020
    I am relieved to see I am not alone. Also have package from brownells sitting in Memphis for extended period with no updates

Straightbolt

unindicted co-conspirator
    Apr 4, 2015
    The 'Burbs
    I just today received a package that was shipped by FedEx starting on January 30th.
    Once it arrived in MD it went from the Linthicum Hgts hub to Newcastle DE and then back to Linthicum Hgts and then to Wilmington DE and then to Philadelphia PA WTF
    After complaining the shipper refunded my $9.35 shipping charge :sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom