• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lumbermut

May 2, 2013
    Timonium, MD
    I was at the Morgantown show over the weekend and found out that the Oaks show was canceled (I think they are bringing in a volleyball tournament) for 2/26 - 2/28 and has been moved to Morgantown.

This past show was sparse on attendance even though it advertised 650 tables unlike the one in January that had a line of 100-150 people all day waiting to get in (current events caused this).

On Saturday, the promoter allowed people to enter an hour before the show started because they felt it was too cold for everyone to wait in line:party29:

Nice show, well rounded with everything. Aisles were a little narrow. My wife bought a Blowback laser trainer ( blowbacklasertrainer.com ) for our basement.
    Thought that it would allow her to practice a little more. Had to remind her that this is not an arcade game that you lend to friends.

Was able to use my C&R and picked up a Polish P-64 (1971 date) and a Zastava Model 70 in 7.65 cal. (1970 date). I need to find a replacement rear sight for the model 70, If anyone has any leads, let me know.

One person had SSP's on Saturday and he was charging $35/100. I think most of the SSP's flew out of there on Friday. Other primers were in the $200 range per 1000. Ammo was high as usual, but there were several vendors selling ammo, unlike what we find at Appalachian shows.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn that is connected to the venue and bought a 2-day pass. Made everything real convenient and kept the wife happy/interested. We hit the show in the morning for me and the antique/consignment shops in the afternoon for her.

Oddway Otts

Mar 17, 2008
    Harford County
    Wow! I never thought that Oaks would go. How does the Morgantown venue/buildings compare to Oaks? How was the parking? Parking was always my complaint with Oaks.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Tell us more. I've attended the biggest Oaks show (March and October) for years, know several vendors well, and miss it. How can Morgantown hold a candle to those 1,000+ table Oaks shows???

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Well
    That is closer than Oaks is
    I may go after all

Wait , 650 tables?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're wondering why that is down from the number of tables at the Oaks show they are replacing, 650 is pretty much the limit of what they can do there.

I went to a previous Morgantown (PA) show that was 650 tables. There was a wide hallway and two rooms on opposite sides. Both rooms and the hallway were packed tight. There was room for two way traffic between the tables, but just barely; there was a lot of elbow rubbing and if someone stopped to look or buy, everyone stopped until they moved on or you could get around them.

It was a good show, a lot of the same vendors as Gettysburg but larger so I don't want to discourage anyone from going, but people who are averse to crowds or have mobility issues may have difficulty with this show.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Wow! I never thought that Oaks would go. How does the Morgantown venue/buildings compare to Oaks? How was the parking? Parking was always my complaint with Oaks.

There is plenty of parking surrounding the building, but if the side near the entrance fills up you may have to walk from further away, like around the corner or from the other side. Shouldn't be a problem unless the weather is bad and there is snow & ice to deal with.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Crowded but plenty to look at. I didn't buy anything except a couple of magazines. Ammo was all nuts like it is everywhere. Arrived at 10 waited in a 30 minute line. Left at 1 and there was barely a line

Bulk of people are wearing masks but I didn't and nothing was said. "Social distancing" is impossible given the number of people allowed in the venue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom