• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    -Love accessories. A rifle isn't complete without a proper sling or a nice upgrade to the sights. I've been desperately trying to find an affordable tang sight for my Remington 81 Deluxe but everything so far is priced at $350 and up. In the midst of a search one day I run across a listing on Evil Pay for a Lyman tang sight for a Winchester 1907 SL. Buy it now price was $225. Not bad so I book marked it. The next day the seller sends me a BIN offer of $200 and I thought what the heck, let's spend some stimulus money.
    -Showed up this week and I was floored. Brand new, in the box with instruction sheet and mounting screws. Still had hardened grease all through it. Sweet! This thing even has a tiny folding peep aperture. Then I see what some previous owner paid for it written in ink on the box: $15! Ah yes, thank you jackass politicians for 70 plus years of inflation since this sight left the factory.
    -Still happy and now I just need to remove the original rear sight and fill the dovetail with a blank. Luckily Marbles still sells those for $15.

Attachments

• IMGP9361.JPG
      IMGP9361.JPG
      51.5 KB · Views: 86
    • IMGP9362.JPG
      IMGP9362.JPG
      65 KB · Views: 84
    • IMGP9364.JPG
      IMGP9364.JPG
      61.9 KB · Views: 77
    • IMGP9365.JPG
      IMGP9365.JPG