• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    -I've been looking for a Mauser ES 350 for 3-4 years now and in the process of rooting one out I ran across a slightly rough but honest Mauser MS 420 which is the magazine fed version of the ES. This example had an original finish and sported a proper vintage German Oigee GNOM 4x power scope with a non-original painted finish but very crisp optics. Mauser built these from the early 20s for about a decade into the early 30s. The Oigee was built during this same period, making me wonder if the two have been paired together for a very long time. Entirely possible. Rare, and still had the original slanted magazine which is frequently replaced with a flat bottom alternative.
    -Figured that the scope is worth around $200-250 at least. Harder to put a price to the rifle as these don't come to market that often. But Simpson has a couple up for sale in better, original condition with prices starting @ $1k. So I bid conservatively and it was mine for under $750 delivered.
    -Showed up today and she should be a fantastic shooter with the heavy barrel and a crazy crisp, light trigger. Thrilled that the checkered horn buttplate is intact.
    -As for the ES 350, grabbed one this morning for a stupid cheap price. We'll see how well I did when it arrives.

Attachments

• IMGP9351.JPG
      IMGP9351.JPG
      35.4 KB · Views: 214
    • IMGP9352.JPG
      IMGP9352.JPG
      75.6 KB · Views: 221
    • IMGP9354.JPG
      IMGP9354.JPG
      59.9 KB · Views: 214
    • IMGP9355.JPG
      IMGP9355.JPG
      63.1 KB · Views: 215
    • IMGP9359.JPG
      IMGP9359.JPG
      40.7 KB · Views: 220
    • IMGP9356.JPG
      IMGP9356.JPG
      47.8 KB · Views: 213
    • IMGP9360.JPG
      IMGP9360.JPG
      78.5 KB · Views: 218

Buster Brown

Aug 11, 2019
    Southern MD
    Nice rifle. I don't see them for sale often. I have the more common es340b. With good ammo it's amazingly accurate. I'd put it up against anything outside of a competition benchrest rifle. I've been trying to find a period german scope for a good price for some time now.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Nice rifle. I don't see them for sale often. I have the more common es340b. With good ammo it's amazingly accurate. I'd put it up against anything outside of a competition benchrest rifle. I've been trying to find a period german scope for a good price for some time now.

I have it sitting next to my Springfield 1922 and it's surprising that the barrel lengths and diameters are nearly identical. If it shoots like the 1922 it's a winner. I can understand why Mauser built a small number of the MM420 which is the sporter version with a finer, lighter profile barrel. Crazy rare in the US. Think of it like a Winchester 52 Sporter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom