• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Haus

Feb 6, 2013
    West Ocean City
    Has anyone used the brass exchange? I placed an order a while ago with no updates. Just wanted to know if anyone else had any experience with them?

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    I would not order from them right now. Apparently they have been taking orders and not filling them. I have an order outstanding with them that I will be disputing in a few weeks if I don't see any activity. Apparently they aren't answering their phone or e-mails.

I have had good luck with some other brass vendors I've placed trial orders with like Diamond K-Brass and Capitol Cartridge. Their stuff shipped within a couple weeks.

Matt

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I’ve order from Capitol cartridge and Iowa brass in the last 2-3 months. Shipped fairly fast. Decent prices.

Diamond K or Capital cartridge are both extremely professional and reliable. Not only do they ship on time they have a quality product. Occasionally I'll find a wrong caliber mixed in with what I ordered but that's to be expected but I've never had any so badly damaged they could not be reloaded. Reasonable prices as well.. for today's market anyway

Scrounger

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern Maryland
    Has anyone used the brass exchange? I placed an order a while ago with no updates. Just wanted to know if anyone else had any experience with them?

I would not order from them right now. Apparently they have been taking orders and not filling them. I have an order outstanding with them that I will be disputing in a few weeks if I don't see any activity. Apparently they aren't answering their phone or e-mails.

I have had good luck with some other brass vendors I've placed trial orders with like Diamond K-Brass and Capitol Cartridge. Their stuff shipped within a couple weeks.

Matt

I’ve order from Capitol cartridge and Iowa brass in the last 2-3 months. Shipped fairly fast. Decent prices.

Diamond K or Capital cartridge are both extremely professional and reliable. Not only do they ship on time they have a quality product. Occasionally I'll find a wrong caliber mixed in with what I ordered but that's to be expected but I've never had any so badly damaged they could not be reloaded. Reasonable prices as well.. for today's market anyway

Out of curiosity what kind of brass are you ordering from these various vendors?

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Out of curiosity what kind of brass are you ordering from these various vendors?

For me some .308 to top off what I had and 500 .357 mag. Don’t have a gun in it, but plan to get one sooner rather than later. I’ve got tons of 38spc and powder and bullets to properly reload 357. But I had an entire zero number of cases. Of course I’ve since scavenged about 40 pieces of 357 brass on one of my range trips.

The other was 500 45acp. Got a Glock 21 as all this was breaking out and managed to track down a reasonable amount of ammo (but not a huge amount). Also reloading supplies for it, but I only had like 100 or so cases without burning up more commercial Ammo for reloading. Range is usually pretty picked over for the brass buckets and when stuff is in them it is rarely 45 (some 9 and 223. Often some 40. Occasionally something oddball. But I’ll find like 2 or 3 45 cases for every 30 9mm). Anyway, I’ve shot some more in the last year and saved those cases, but I doubt I had 300 total still. So figured I’d up what I could load at once a little.

I had a fair amount of 9mm, but was going to order more until I went through my recycling bucket of brass and scavenged out about 600 pieces of 223/5.6 and around 400 9mm. A few odds and sods of other calibers that had snuck in there by accident.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom