• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    So, DAVSCO, is there a decent lunch restaurant close by where the gun show is being held? I usually avoid the food served inside these venues, but I wouldn't mind finding a decent place nearby. I remember a really good Mexican place in Herndon, but I was told it closed. Anything else out there...where I can drop my wife off to shop? Thanks!

You can drop her off at Tyson's Corner at Fair Oaks Mall. Fair Oaks is way closer though. Willard's BBQ right around the corner is popular with gun show people. I usually go to Ottoman Kitchen for Turkish food (walking distance in the same strip as Willard's) or Pho 102 (other side of 50) for Vietnamese food when I'm out there. Sarku Japan by Willard's and is supposed to be decent. There are a lot of other options in the area, especially if you like Asian or Middle Eastern food, just not really quick walking distance from the expo center.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Thinking about trying Sat. For those vendors that do sell cash and carry to Marylanders, do they (Va.) still require two ID's or name address matching docs? Been more than a couple years since I bought from Va FFL.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Thinking about trying Sat. For those vendors that do sell cash and carry to Marylanders, do they (Va.) still require two ID's or name address matching docs? Been more than a couple years since I bought from Va FFL.

Yes, VA still requires two forms of ID for nonresidents.

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Your driver's license, vehicle registration card, utility bill, etc. As long as it has your name and address the same as is on your driver's license. I always have my driver's license and vehicle registration with me when I go inside. With that you should be good to go.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    you can walk to willards from the show, pretty good bbq (though not as good as i've had out west). also a bunch of fast food easy to walk to (mcd, taco bell, chick filet, bk, arbys, etc). a hooters also. actually my buddy got a burger in the show last time and it looked pretty good.

not super close but look at fair oaks mall or dulles town center.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Yes, VA still requires two forms of ID for nonresidents.

Your driver's license, vehicle registration card, utility bill, etc. As long as it has your name and address the same as is on your driver's license. I always have my driver's license and vehicle registration with me when I go inside. With that you should be good to go.

Thanks, not planning a purchase just never know. :)

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I may go just to talk to vendors who would always walk away from people who said they were from MD because "our" laws were ridiculous.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Probably a good place to look for 80% things to buy cash. Buying online kind've defeats the whole purpose of 80%'ing

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    Are there going to be many vendors with reloading supplies? What about dies, bullet casting, things of that nature?
    Not really looking for anything else and I’m wondering if this show is worth my time. I’m sure with the crazy laws being proposed in both states that it will be very busy and prices will be inflated?
    Help me plan my weekend!

cmartin

Jun 11, 2009
    Should be interesting to watch the activity level of buying in light of the coming bans and the proposed punishments.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    at the last show all the va gun control crap was certainly in process, and i didn't see any price gouging nor panic buying. hopefully the same will hold true for this weekend's show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom