• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Haven’t seen a big selection of either. MP5 mags were ~$80 last time.

I think maybe two vendors had NVGs. One had older stuff, the other Gen2 Russian or Chinese setups.

At the last show, one of the small private sellers had a US Property marked PVS-7 for $900 asking. There was a crack in the housing and he said it functioned fine. There's one seller from CT who stocks some brand new night vision, including PVS-14s.

I haven't seen "cheap" MP5 mags there since late 2018 or so. There were two date coded 15s at $45 each or $80 for both. One of the surplus vendors from OH had a bin of date coded 30s at $60 each. I got the one LE only marked one at $45 and two H&K mag couplers at $40 each.

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    At the last show, one of the small private sellers had a US Property marked PVS-7 for $900 asking. There was a crack in the housing and he said it functioned fine. There's one seller from CT who stocks some brand new night vision, including PVS-14s.

I haven't seen "cheap" MP5 mags there since late 2018 or so. There were two date coded 15s at $45 each or $80 for both. One of the surplus vendors from OH had a bin of date coded 30s at $60 each. I got the one LE only marked one at $45 and two H&K mag couplers at $40 each.
    I’ll have to keep an eye out for those. I’m slowly saving up for a PVS14 from TNVC, but a -7 for under a grand would be worth a look. You’re sure that wasn’t just a housing?

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I’ll have to keep an eye out for those. I’m slowly saving up for a PVS14 from TNVC, but a -7 for under a grand would be worth a look. You’re sure that wasn’t just a housing?

He said it was complete and working and that serious buyers could try to find a way to test it. I guess someone could go to the bathroom and cut the lights?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Got there around 2:00 today (Friday). 10 minute line to get in. VCDL and VA candidates working the line hard.

Show didn’t feel mobbed, though it was getting busier as I left around 4:45. Vendor mix, product mix, prices and availability all felt about as usual. Didn’t get the OMG Panic vibe, but a lot of the dealers were clearly not happy at how things are going with the VA legislature. Saw a solid number of people doing paperwork on guns.

My checklist:
    1) Brought a friend who’d never been
    2) Bought some nice Mecgar mags for the household CZ pistols.
    3) Bought my first poly 80 project (wish me luck!)
    4) Put some cash in the MSI bucket
    5) Got a healthy feeling bear hug from Rack, who looked pretty great.
    6) Got back across the river without too much drama at the Legion Bridge.
    7) Having a beer and watching p80 how-to vids

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Got there around 2:00 today (Friday). 10 minute line to get in. VCDL and VA candidates working the line hard.

Show didn’t feel mobbed, though it was getting busier as I left around 4:45. Vendor mix, product mix, prices and availability all felt about as usual. Didn’t get the OMG Panic vibe, but a lot of the dealers were clearly not happy at how things are going with the VA legislature. Saw a solid number of people doing paperwork on guns.

My checklist:

cool day for you.
    I should suggest marinegunbuilder youtube channel if you have not already found him. helped me save time on fitting the Internals properly

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    yeah i was there from open to 3. not packed, no panic, tons of ar's, glocks, etc didn't notice any ridiculous pricing.

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide

My checklist:

yeah i was there from open to 3. not packed, no panic, tons of ar's, glocks, etc didn't notice any ridiculous pricing.
    Thank you, both, for your reports.

I’m hoping to go tomorrow. Anyone looking for stuff post it here, but be forewarned I own mostly AR15s and Glocks, and don’t reload, so my ability to recognize other stuff is limited...:lol2:

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Yep, might go today! Need some NODs and MP5 mags.

Haven’t seen a big selection of either. MP5 mags were ~$80 last time.

I think maybe two vendors had NVGs. One had older stuff, the other Gen2 Russian or Chinese setups.

Went today right at 1PM. Dennis Todd had a big box of MP5 mags (maybe 40 or so), most date coded and a mix of LE marked and not. Some in like-new shape. $75 though but better than the rest I noticed from other dealers. Grabbed a real nice one as I was looking for one too.

Also, not sure if it’s been mentioned yet or not but you can buy tickets online now (nations gun show website) and skip the line. Lot of pissed-off people when a handful of us that had the e-tickets walked right up at 12:58 and were let in just before the ticket line opened.

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    Got there about 1:30 stopped by MSI and talked to ShafTed and Rack & Roll, made a contribution. Missed finding a Sig Sauer P226 Legion RX by 30 minutes... Settled for a P229RX. As mentioned prices and availability good. Hope the weekend brings vendors and buyers good deals. After the next two weeks Virginia’s path should be revealed... fred55

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I found some mp5 German mags from a vendor that I have bought from there for years. just out of curiosity I asked if he had any. took him a few minutes to find them. but he had what appeared to be mint/ new II and IJ date code mags for 50.00 each. I bought every 1 he had. found sten mags in decent condition for 10.00 each. saw more mag pul ar15 mags than I have at any given place at 1 time. some decent 22 mag ammo there. also found the 35 rd cz scorpion mags from magpul there at 20.00 each. saw a mint cz bruno made in 1966 that I probably should have bought. it was beautiful!!

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    you can buy tickets online now (nations gun show website) and skip the line. Lot of pissed-off people when a handful of us that had the e-tickets walked right up at 12:58 and were let in just before the ticket line opened.
    Holy shit, it’s about damn time!

I’ll totally do that...

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Do you have to print the tickets? I don’t own a computer, much less a printer...

You get an email with a link to view the ticket. The link pulls up your ticket with a barcode they can scan from your phone (the nice ladies that usually collect the tickets just inside the door). You can also print it if you want or even add it to your Apple wallet.

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    If you re-up your NRA membership do you have to wait in the line? Or is that a different line?

Typically I’ve seen them put the NRA re-ups at the front of the line. Up until now it’s all been one line though since there were no e-tickets. Moving forward I have no clue how they plan to run it as more and more people are going to be getting the e-tickets (assuming they keep the option. They did it once a couple years ago for just one show then the option disappeared). They’ll probably have to organize two separate lines, one for those that already purchased a ticket and one for those that didn’t.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    cool day for you.
    I should suggest marinegunbuilder youtube channel if you have not already found him. helped me save time on fitting the Internals properly

+1 on marinegunbuilder.

Typically I’ve seen them put the NRA re-ups at the front of the line. Up until now it’s all been one line though since there were no e-tickets. Moving forward I have no clue how they plan to run it as more and more people are going to be getting the e-tickets (assuming they keep the option. They did it once a couple years ago for just one show then the option disappeared). They’ll probably have to organize two separate lines, one for those that already purchased a ticket and one for those that didn’t.

I thought there's always been two lines, once you have a ticket (online, nra or stand in line) you have to go to the door and give the ticket/bar code to the ticket taker ??

I'm too busy to go, good luck all, tell Rack I said hello. A friend of mine will be there so I may have him pick up something for me. Reloading or P80.

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    +1 on marinegunbuilder.

I thought there's always been two lines, once you have a ticket (online, nra or stand in line) you have to go to the door and give the ticket/bar code to the ticket taker ??

There are two entrances so two lines form up outside the doors, but it’s the same process with both entrances. Wait in line to buy a ticket, hand said ticket right back to the nice ladies 15ft and 4 seconds after you bought it. Really not another line in between buying the ticket and giving it back. They’ve only offered online tickets once in the past that I know of and that was a couple years ago. It came and went after one show but now seems to be back and hopefully it stays. The long lines that form up outside the doors there are due to the slow process of everyone buying a ticket. Being able to show up and go directly to the ticket collectors/scanners should hopefully eliminate the long waits in the cold that so many of us have done before.

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    You get an email with a link to view the ticket. The link pulls up your ticket with a barcode they can scan from your phone (the nice ladies that usually collect the tickets just inside the door). You can also print it if you want or even add it to your Apple wallet.
    Sweet. Done. $2.54 service charge worth it to skip the line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom