• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    So since I have zero chance of getting my Glock 21 to the range for however the heck long this COVID stuff lasts, any suggestions on bore sighting it while replacing the sights?

I have hiviz fiber sights on my G17 that I love. I got a set for my G21. I am not looking for pinpoint accuracy at 100yds without sighting it in at the range, but I am hoping for minute of torso at 50 (I hope). The sights aren't elevation adjustable.

My thought was clamp the slide in a padded vise, mark a spot on my garage wall where zero is with the existing sights, remove and swap on the new ones, confirm with the spot on the wall as the slide shouldn't have moved at all.

Opinions? Should I suck it up and buy a laser bore sighter? If so any recommendations for .45acp that actually has a hope of getting it reasonably close (again, not looking for 1MOA accuracy, but since my goal is torso accuracy at 50yds, that's maybe 10MOA to be safe).

Thanks!

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    That's what I usually do. Bore sight. Most of the time no adjustments need to be made when I get to the range.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I center my sights and they're always very close. If needed, I do slight adjustments at the range with a hammer and punch or.

Make sure your front sight is not twisted to one side. I mask off the top of the slide with tape and hold straight edges along the front sight to index it off the breech face or firing pin hole. I twist the sight as needed using an adjustable wrench, torque the screw, and check again.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I've gone as far as pressing in the rear sight and zeroing my Trijicon sro to it and was dead on.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I strip the slide, clamp it in my jig, replace the sights centering the rear in the dovetail, then eyeball something small and far centered in the striker pin hole, and make sure the sights are on it or close, they usually are. Usually ends up about dead on at 25yds when I do get a chance to test it at the range. GLOCKs are easy being you only have 1 dovetail to worry about, but that method really helps with other pistols that have strikers/firing pins that are easy to remove.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom