• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirkster

Jan 9, 2009
    Severn, PRoMD
    Thanks. I just discovered Powder valley. They set me up with 100 PPU 120gr BTHP to try out for my Grendel (at an awesome price) as well as 1k berry's 32acp bullets. Which is perfect. Desired bullet to try reloading. Great price. AND probably sufficient bullets to last me 4-6 years of reloading for it.

Sadly they are wiped for primers.

Just hoping maybe someone knows of somewhere to order that might be able to hook me up with at least small and large pistol. If they had small rifle and pistol and large pistol, awesome. Hard to meet up with anyone these days for me :(

I just hit their web site (powder valley) daily if I need primers, I picked up 5k a few weeks back when they had federal small pistol in stock. You just need to be diligent on doing it daily because they go fast when they show up, but they do show up.

I hit the range twice weekly to keep/hone my skills and could not do that if I was not reloading... Someday that jug of tightgroup will run out an I can get something that burns cleaner...

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I just hit their web site (powder valley) daily if I need primers, I picked up 5k a few weeks back when they had federal small pistol in stock. You just need to be diligent on doing it daily because they go fast when they show up, but they do show up.

I hit the range twice weekly to keep/hone my skills and could not do that if I was not reloading... Someday that jug of tightgroup will run out an I can get something that burns cleaner...

LoL. I hear you on that last. No jugs here (that's what she said), but I picked up 3# of bullseye early on for reloading. I knew it would last a long time, but I guess logic and understanding the consequences of my actions sometimes don't match up. That's going to be a lot of years of reloading for me before I run dry and can switch. Not that its giving me any issues at all. Though it does seem to burn kind of dirty.

Honestly its half the reason I am going to focus mostly on pistol reloading. Less work not really needing to trim cases (or almost never). A pound of powder can last >>>1k rounds for anything I am shooting (by my math about 3000 rounds of 32acp, about 2000 of 38spc, about 1400 of .45acp). Its not a lifetime supply, but I bet I'll still be reloading using the same bottles of bullseye for at least 4 or 5 years if not longer.

No progressive presses for me. I don't get to the range nearly often enough to take full advantage of it. In an ideal world I'd hit the range at least 40 times a year. Before the pandemic hit I was probably going more like 15 times a year. Call it about 1500-2000 rounds a year, not including maybe 1k 22lr. Now I've gone one time since mid March. I might get to the range late July if I am lucky and can try out some LSWC 45 loads, 9Mak and 32acp loads. 9mm also if my dies show up in time. Possibly get a 223 62gr and 75gr load, but I'd bet I just won't have time for that. Maybe I'll luck out and manage it.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    My expenditure of 9mm has gone through the roof now that ranges, action shooting competitions, and classes have restarted. Thankfully, as long as I can keep the primer supply going, the rest of it is pretty easy to hunt up. If you're reloading tons of 9mm, there's basically no substitute for a Dillon 650/750/1050/1100 other than like a Mk7.

The factory 223 situation is getting bad enough that I'm considering going to reloads just so I can keep my dedicated multi-gun rifle fed during matches... it's only 60-80 rounds per match, which is within my capabilities per month. I am making a few tooling changes to speed up reloading that caliber, but it's never going to be as fast as 9mm. Will need to hunt up some 55gr FMJ projectiles (maybe Hornady?) to do that, since I'm currently set to reload precision 77gr SMKs.

Kirkster

Jan 9, 2009
    Severn, PRoMD
    My expenditure of 9mm has gone through the roof now that ranges, action shooting competitions, and classes have restarted. Thankfully, as long as I can keep the primer supply going, the rest of it is pretty easy to hunt up. If you're reloading tons of 9mm, there's basically no substitute for a Dillon 650/750/1050/1100 other than like a Mk7.

The factory 223 situation is getting bad enough that I'm considering going to reloads just so I can keep my dedicated multi-gun rifle fed during matches... it's only 60-80 rounds per match, which is within my capabilities per month. I am making a few tooling changes to speed up reloading that caliber, but it's never going to be as fast as 9mm. Will need to hunt up some 55gr FMJ projectiles (maybe Hornady?) to do that, since I'm currently set to reload precision 77gr SMKs.

Yea I am running a 1993 vintage 650 with a case and bullet feeder. Shooting around 200 to 400 a week in 9mm. Some .308 Milasian NATO milsurp in my M1A and SCAR and working up some 6.5CM for my new AR-10. I do load 223 77gr SMKs on the Dillon, but everything bigger goes through the Forester Co-Ax with powder being dispensed by an Autotrickler V3.

I keep looking at the Mk7 but just can’t pull the trigger because of the price...

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I keep looking at the Mk7 but just can’t pull the trigger because of the price...
    I'm sort of hoping the Dillon purchase of Ammobot improves them enough that they can function as a lower-cost competitor. The Mk7 conversion itself is reasonably priced, it's the crazy pricing on the basically-necessary sensors that kills you.

gre24ene

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2012
    If someone is hurting for spp I can spare a few thousand. I have S&B and cci

JohnC

May 29, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    Went to continental firearms this morning and they have 2-3 boxes of CCI 450, CCI 400 and CCI 200. Also a box or two winchester large pistol. A bunch of random powders, including a bottle of retumbo. Good luck!

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky

Attachments

• 2813D6FC-6ABB-4457-B789-BFDCF397277D.jpeg
      2813D6FC-6ABB-4457-B789-BFDCF397277D.jpeg
      77.8 KB · Views: 238

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads