• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I got an email today from Lucky Gunner that got my attention.

Hi Bikebreath,

Will You Defend Online Ammo?

If you've been around Lucky Gunner for long, you know we mostly steer clear of politics and stick to what we know best: ammo.

However, this election season, we find ourselves in the crosshairs of one of our country's major political parties. The official 2020 Democratic Party Platform, which you can read by clicking here, (link below) calls for an end to online sales of ammunition.

Plan to ban ammo sales online
    If enacted, this would mean the end of our freedom to buy ammo online. The plan eliminates the convenience of receiving rounds directly at your home before hitting the shooting range. Ultimately, banning online ammo sales would result in fewer in-stock options available, lower breadth of products for shooters, less convenience, and higher prices. This is the first time a major political party has adopted this platform and we believe it poses a serious threat to our Second Amendment rights.

We’re not trying to tell you who to vote for or how to think. We want to ensure that you’re well informed on this Second Amendment issue so that you can become involved to have an impact on future policy decisions and let your voice be heard - no matter what party you might associate with or vote for.

What Can You Do?

1. Contact elected officials and candidates running for office in your district in a respectful manner to let them know how you feel about this issue.

2. Are you registered to vote?

In Maryland, early voting starts on October 26. You can register online to vote or register via mail for a few weeks yet. The cut-off is October 13.

No matter what you do, if you vote, or who you vote for - we appreciate your time and support. We're excited for the future and look forward to helping you exercise your rights for years to come.

The Team at Lucky Gunner

https://democrats.org/where-we-stan...296051066&mc_cid=a9d2f764ed&mc_eid=9eabcc11e4

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    If they ban ammo sales online, then I`m starting a food truck style business that sells ammo.

Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    I am getting the same emails from Lucky Gunner, SG Ammo and other sites as well. I have been shoring up my reloading supplies, hoping that November's outcome will be positive but I just don't trust the left and what they might try at all.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I am getting the same emails from Lucky Gunner, SG Ammo and other sites as well. I have been shoring up my reloading supplies, hoping that November's outcome will be positive but I just don't trust the left and what they might try at all.

It's not a matter of not trusting them. I completely trust them to pursue their well-advertised anti-2A platform to the maximum extent possible.

Read the text of the new AWB they introduced in the House; it contains the implementation details of their platform in plain text.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    So let me get this straight, all the companies that decided to rape folks with rona taxes, all of a sudden are begging for us to help so they can continue doing so?

What are you talking about? I haven't ever had the sense that LG was dealing in some deceptive, predatory way. They just get cleaned out within seconds of getting inventory, like everyone else. They're asking for help in the fight to prevent the Dems from making it illegal to have ammo shipped to your door. You have a problem with that?

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    There is always a complainer isn't it. We've got to fight them tooth and nail. Like I said before many times the Democratic Party is the biggest internal domestic threat to the USA and the Constitution of the USA. They are an enemy. Everybody please get out and vote for conservative freedom loving candidates!

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Chough , Cheaper than Dirt , Chough . But other than them , most of the well known and smaller online sellers give generally good service with stated shipping fees .

As a catagory , large volume online sellers will react more quickly ( up or down ) to larger market forces than small volume LGS that may have stock sit on the shelf for months or years .

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Not that any gun law ever had anything to do with anything other than control, but this proposed law seems to have the opposite effect you'd think gun grabbers would want. LEOs already have access to credit card purchases so they know if you've bought ammo. With direct sales you can pay cash (for now) and remain anonymous. Unless they are proposing a MSP style ammo log. What a great idea that was.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    OT, but hypocritical as shiit (what does one expect from them you might ask) given what's been said about Trump's SCOTUS pick:

Supporting Faith and Service

Religious freedom is a core American value and a core value of the Democratic Party. Democrats will protect the rights of each American for the free exercise of his or her own religion. It will be the policy of the Democratic Administration to advocate for religious freedom throughout the world. Democrats celebrate America’s history of religious pluralism and tolerance, and recognize the countless acts of service of our faith communities, as well as the paramount importance of maintaining the separation between church and state enshrined in our Constitution.

During the Trump Administration, too many of our religious communities have been victimized by acts of intolerance, bigotry, and violence.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008

Attachments

• 200B7877-B663-4A88-8E2A-4A48E5CF4F25.jpg
      200B7877-B663-4A88-8E2A-4A48E5CF4F25.jpg
      113.7 KB · Views: 307

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members