• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CZlady

Oct 13, 2020
    Montgomery County
    Hi All-

I am a relatively new forum member, but an old gun owner. I am a CZ enthusiast from Montgomery county, very much looking forward to moving to Frederick. I wasn't sure where else to locate this on the forum but....

I recently returned to higher education after a major medical disaster rendered me unable to do my old job (I was a tattoo artist and basically my heart exploded). As part of my degree I am writing a anthropological study of Maryland gun owners who are active online. I am unable to conduct any in- person interviews because I am severely immunocompromised (I am on the transplant list for a heart) and can't really go much of anywhere. I know it is a big ask, if you would be willing to participate (pretty pretty please), just respond to the thread with answers to any or all of the questions below. If you don't feel comfortable or just don't want to reply publicly, feel free to send me a private message. I will not be using any identifying information in the final study- including usernames.

What is your age, gender and marital status? Do you have children?

How many guns do you own?

What type of guns are they?

How long have you owned guns?

Where do you do most of your shooting?

Were you exposed to gun ownership as a child (eg. your family owned guns, etc.)?

Why do you own guns?

How often do you use gun or 2A related forums?

Are you a member of any gun related or 2A organizations?

Has the pandemic changed your outlook on gun ownership? If so, how?

If you made it all the way down here, thank you so much. I really really appreciate any replies or information- it helps me out a whole heck of a lot- especially being immunocompromised, I can't go out and do in- person interviews. So thanks again!!

Last edited:

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    What is your age, location, gender and marital status? Do you have children? 14, home, binary, widow, don't know

How many guns do you own? 2

What type of guns are they? biceps

How long have you owned guns? my whole life

Where do you do most of your shooting? I shoot blanks

Were you exposed to gun ownership as a child (eg. your family owned guns, etc.)? I was robbed once

Why do you own guns? they are attached to my shoulders

How often do you use gun or 2A related forums? Whats a forum?

Are you a member of any gun related or 2A organizations? Moms

Has the pandemic changed your outlook on gun ownership? If so, how? What pandemic?

CZlady

Oct 13, 2020
    Montgomery County
    I figured that would mostly be the response. But I had to try. I'm trying to write a paper that portrays gun owners in a more positive light. Especially since I'm trapped in the most frustratingly liberal, backwards- minded higher education system in the world. Thanks for at least replying.

Donald1818

Aug 22, 2013
    Baltimore
    I figured that would mostly be the response. But I had to try. I'm trying to write a paper that portrays gun owners in a more positive light. Especially since I'm trapped in the most frustratingly liberal, backwards- minded higher education system in the world. Thanks for at least replying.

soo..

you are trying to source material in the wrong place.

go to a gun range, do some shooting and talk to people.
    ask some shoppers at a gun store. there are tons of new and experienced users.
    talk to a few people that you know already own or possess guns, try a cop, they are not all bad.
    go to church. if they dont own guns there, go to a better one.

doing research is not about joining a forum, its about exploring and living life.
    well. at least you now have enough experience to write an opening thesis.

good luck.
    D:cool:

Donald1818

Aug 22, 2013
    Baltimore
    I had several firearms that I recently lost in a tragic boating accident. Sorry that I can't be of more assistance.

man,
    I have been hearing about this boating accident for some time.
    did you keep everything in the boat. ? there are no pirates here in MD. that i know of...

D:rolleyes:

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    *****Eventually, answering these types of questions will no longer be voluntary I bet. Might even see them on the new updated form to purchase a new firearm... or ammo or mags. It will be sponsored by Bloomberg and Johns Hopkins I bet... It's for safety. Moms do demand action ya know..

CZlady

Oct 13, 2020
    Montgomery County
    soo..

you are trying to source material in the wrong place.

go to a gun range, do some shooting and talk to people.
    ask some shoppers at a gun store. there are tons of new and experienced users.
    talk to a few people that you know already own or possess guns, try a cop, they are not all bad.
    go to church. if they dont own guns there, go to a better one.

doing research is not about joining a forum, its about exploring and living life.
    well. at least you now have enough experience to write an opening thesis.

good luck.
    D:cool:

Hey- I wish I could. I have interviewed the friends and family members who are gun owners. And I have all my personal information about myself as a long time gun owner, obviously. But I am on the transplant list for a heart and thus am on immuno-suppressants, so going out to stores or ranges right now is a no go for me. I haven't been able to just go to a range just to get some good shooting in for a while. Really appreciate the sincere response. I figured I would get shut down for the most part but, you know, had to try. I'm already the weird one in my class being a 30 something graduate student in a class full of upper- middle- class 18 year old white girls (not that there is anything inherently wrong with that).

Donald1818

Aug 22, 2013
    Baltimore
    *****Eventually, answering these types of questions will no longer be voluntary I bet. Might even see them on the new updated form to purchase a new firearm... or ammo or mags. It will be sponsored by Bloomberg and Johns Hopkins I bet... It's for safety. Moms do demand action ya know..

as i was reading i was trying to think ahead, like
    they will be asking you these questions at the checkout counter at Mc D's or the mailman will be randomly be asking us these questions.
    i'd expect it at like home depot. "Will that be all sir, did you happen to buy any hunting rifles this week?"

D:lol:

Donald1818

Aug 22, 2013
    Baltimore
    Hey- I wish I could. I have interviewed the friends and family members who are gun owners. And I have all my personal information about myself as a long time gun owner, obviously. But I am on the transplant list for a heart and thus am on immuno-suppressants, so going out to stores or ranges right now is a no go for me. I haven't been able to just go to a range just to get some good shooting in for a while. Really appreciate the sincere response. I figured I would get shut down for the most part but, you know, had to try. I'm already the weird one in my class being a 30 something graduate student in a class full of upper- middle- class 18 year old white girls (not that there is anything inherently wrong with that).

sorry to hear about your health and all. I didn't mean any disrespect.

D:)

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    What is your age, location, gender and marital status? Do you have children?
    My records are locked up just like Obama's records at Columbia University.

How many guns do you own?
    All of them. My tax money has helped funding all branch of US Armed Forces. You have to contact DOD. Please also ask them how many duds they got wasting my money.

What type of guns are they?
    little one, medium one, and big one. I don't know any nuclear one since the DOD don't have the courtesy telling me after getting their funding.

How long have you owned guns?
    Since 15. That is when they taxed me working at Burger King; my first job.

Where do you do most of your shooting?
    Iraq and Afghanistan recently. The US Armed Forces do that on my behalf really.

Were you exposed to gun ownership as a child (eg. your family owned guns, etc.)?
    No. I wasn't taxed but I think all adult relatives are taxed with their jobs.

Why do you own guns?
    Because Russia, China, and other adversaries don't use ***** hat to attack. I heard bad guys don't use peace pipe and pow wow when they want your stuff.

How often do you use gun or 2A related forums?
    No. I'm too busy with global warming work.

Are you a member of any gun related or 2A organizations?
    No. AAA and AARP kept sending me brochures to ask me to join them. I am not sure about them because they waste so much paper causing global warming in the first place.

Has the pandemic changed your outlook on gun ownership? If so, how?
    Yes. Insane in the membrane has been causing lot of mental issue with left wing liberals. The pandemic is out of control. I think Joe Biden is starting to lose his brain too. I'm very concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom