• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    That's a great gun to have now for hunting in MD.

Except when you got to feed it.... I've seen ammo going for as much as 60 plus for 20 in today's market. I dumped mine when I realized not everybody carried it should I need it now.

While I really like the lines of a 92 or 94 over a Marlin 336 I didn't want a .444 although the cartridge is terrific.

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Sold a Remington 22 , nylon stock (plastic) had the tube in back / removed it to load slid back in was given to me I sold it for 50 , now even before pandemic was seeing them for 300. Sold a 30/30 which I traded my first inline muzzle loader for . Bought another 30/30 since . Regrets buying ehhhh my super redhawk maybe , don’t shoot it much but damn is it cool. Bought it for hunting which is challenging for me these days . Not a gun but all my reload stuff , Dillon 550 ,bells and whistles , numerous dies , tumbler , Brass cleaner vibrator, electric case trimmer .Cant find stuff that’s not a million dollars to reload . Been saving what I have for my 44 and 38.

bigdummy30

Feb 2, 2009
    Finksburg,MD
    Remy 700 .223 VTR ( round barrel) gun was stupid accurate but heavy. Sold it and eventually bought an even heavier .223 :facepalm:

Had a Marlin .22 mag Stainless w the laminate stock and sold it because I was on a .17 HMR kick. Worst mistake ever.

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    Sold a Remington 22 , nylon stock (plastic) had the tube in back / removed it to load slid back in was given to me I sold it for 50 , now even before pandemic was seeing them for 300. Sold a 30/30 which I traded my first inline muzzle loader for . Bought another 30/30 since . Regrets buying ehhhh my super redhawk maybe , don’t shoot it much but damn is it cool. Bought it for hunting which is challenging for me these days . Not a gun but all my reload stuff , Dillon 550 ,bells and whistles , numerous dies , tumbler , Brass cleaner vibrator, electric case trimmer .Cant find stuff that’s not a million dollars to reload . Been saving what I have for my 44 and 38.

Love my Redhawk and yes, harvested deer with it.

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    Remy 700 .223 VTR ( round barrel) gun was stupid accurate but heavy. Sold it and eventually bought an even heavier .223 :facepalm:

Had a Marlin .22 mag Stainless w the laminate stock and sold it because I was on a .17 HMR kick. Worst mistake ever.

Yup, those temporary "kicks" will cost you. I'm over my 30/40 kick ready to swap it, ammo and dies off for something else when the kick hits me.

outobie

Mar 7, 2012
    Annapolis
    My brother in law and I each got new striker fired pistols. I’d never had a Glock before so I got a Gen5 19 MOS
    Terrible trigger, slide release feels cheap

Wish I did the same as my BIL and got the Sig P320 instead. It shoots and feels so much better in every way. Anyone recommend a decent trigger upgrade for my 19 gen5?

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Glad--the 3 nonfunctional guns I took to the last Baltimore Buyback. Not only got overpaid (when the officer stated "Semiautomatic", the recorder heard "automatic") but got interviews by both Channels 13 and 45. Brother in upstate NY saw it on his local Fox channel.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I dont know about glad I dumped but planning to move soon so I may do some thinning immediately after the holidays. I know there at least will be a PW arms 12 gauge lever action and a 10 gauge mercury double barrel if I can find the ammo. Both were impulse buys. May put a couple pistol caliber Remlin lever actions up for sale, nothing fancy. Basic 10" blue etc. that I bought on one of Hog Sniper's sales.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Back during the Jurassic period, I traded a couple of modest guns I now miss for a garish nickel-plated 1911 with faux ivory grips. I have no idea WTH I was thinking. Later sold that pimp gun and put the money into my first Beretta 92F back when those were new shizzle (and Bruce Willis hadn't even had his Christmas movie yet!). Still have the 92 and it still shoots great. Somebody else is cursed with that hideous 1911, and I don't feel bad about it!

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Sacrilege! There are just guns you prefer to use less. Never sell a gun.

I still like my SW500... Makes people look. :D

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    I have only sold two firearms in my life. I regret both sales. Because the 50bmg was a fun shooter and the second one got me a visit by Md firearm enforcement group. The buyer got himself in trouble with a girl and they didn’t think the transfer was done. I had all my paperwork and had done The transfer at MD barracks. I showed them the paperwork and they accepted all was good.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I picked up a S&W model 27 once for a decent deal - the only "issue" with it was the 8" barrel. I didn't realize that S&W was no longer in the business of rebarreling older guns, so my options were to leave it alone, find an original shorter barrel, or have a smith cut it down and do up a new front sight - I opted to leave it alone. That gun is probably the most accurate pistol I've ever owned, but I ended up selling it to a fellow MDSer to garner cash for my first polymer pistol purchase, which ended up being a consignment H&K USP 45, and a gun I don't regret buying, but I kind of wish I still had the Model 27.

Maybe I'll get another one someday.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    A few I regretted selling was the NIB Colt Viper, NIB Colt Boa, NIB Colt Border Patrol and a beautiful Colt Match Target .22. But selling them paid for a year's tuition at Marymount Manhattan for our daughter so I should just not complain about it. Without selling them we would have had to use other funds.

The biggest mistake I ever made was the first gun I ever bought, a Ruger P90. I bought it to go through police academy in 2001 and it was the biggest POS Ive ever shot. The gun frequently jammed, was inaccurate and just miserable to shoot. The departmental armorers couldn't get it to work, and I was so happy to get rid of it and upgrade. ITs the only gun Ive ever been happy to sell and would

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I sold a triple 4 Marlin a long time ago with a beautiful stock because I needed an air compressor :(:(
    After a period of time when I realized what I had done, it was so traumatic I think twice before I throw a dirty cleaning patch in the ash can.
    Hopefully, someone still uses it.

CATMdude

I like turtles
    Dec 29, 2012
    Frederick
    I impulse bought a Para Ordnance Para-Carry when I lived in Vegas 15+ years ago. Was going to carry it b/c .45 ACP. It is was small, pretty, and pricey. It was the last time I bought a pistol without trying it out first. It was fine with ball ammo but jam-o-matic with any HP ammo I tried to feed it. It sits in the safe now with maybe ~600 rds through it. I like small pistols (I have a Sig P224 that gets shot every range trip) but was not a fan of .45 in such a small package.

BuildnBurn

Professional Pyro
    Oct 25, 2012
    Frederick County
    I bought a S&W Sigma .380 when they first came out because it had a very good review in a gun rag. What a POS! Jamomatic, stiff recoil, hard to operate slide (I had bought it for my wife). I was young and dumb and that was the first and last time I paid attention to a review from those shills.

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    I regret letting my step mother hide all my fathers firearms when he died.

He had a pair of 92s prototypes given to him by Mr Winters. His initials were the serial numbers.

Sadly I won’t. See them again.

Sorry Dad

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom