• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Thanks bro.

Before you begin your build(and maybe throughout your build), take a look at MarineGunBuilder.com on youtube. I strongly recommend this. Otherwise, the chance of screwing something up is very high.

Here's what you want. To get the ejector, you need to buy a gen 5 OEM trigger housing. You won't use the plastic housing. Instead, you will pull the metal ejector(#30274) out of it and swap it with the cheesy ejector(#336) that comes in the gen 3 trigger housing. https://www.glockstore.com/Gen-5-Glock-OEM-Trigger-Housing

This is the extractor I prefer... https://www.lonewolfdist.com/slide-parts/aw-extractor

The reason for the suggestion (info for the OP) is that the gen 3 ejectors kind of suck based on the shape. They can be the source of feeding issues. In my case, mine feed fine, but I'd get brass in the face about every 4-5 rounds. This started around a round count of 50 or so and didn't stop after about 200 before I figured out what I needed to do.

Not a lot of fun. Swapped ejectors off the trigger assembly to the newer style and never had an ejection issue in the probably 2000+ rounds I've run through mg G17 build since.

Rats_teeths

Jan 4, 2021
    Not finished justtttt yet but I thought I'd give y'all an update. A recent promotion at work put me in charge of a new large scale project, and I've been giving it 200% which means my free time for these things are suffering lol.

Oh, and the mail situation didn't help anything. But here we are.

That's the #30274 extractor, and the lone wolf ejector as recommended. Unfortunately, the RMR provided gave me issue. I drilled the holes and had difficultly getting the pins in, and couldn't figure out how I had messed up drilling it. Eventually, I met up with someone with an identical kit and found the holes themselves in the one provided were just about 1mm north of where it should have been. I expanded out that hole to get it in, and today I'll use some JB weld to fix it and make it pretty again. I also somehow managed to loose the trigger housing pin, but the replacement is on the way.

Then the rear sight. I used some guides online to get it on, but I think I messed it up. My laser sight should be arriving today, but I think I'll find and order another rear sight and find someone willing to let me use the proper sight pusher.

Live and learn, right?

So Im thinking already about replacing that slide lock with something a little bigger and better for my huge hands, ordered a magpul magwell, and I ordered 2 slide cover backplates for some aesthetics. Used a little of the uncle Joe money this morning to get my hands on a mantis x3 to practice instead of this $40 for 50 federal 9mm.

I'm pretty happy guys, thanks a ton.

Attachments

• 20210319_094322.jpg
      20210319_094322.jpg
      84 KB · Views: 139
    • 20210319_094315.jpg
      20210319_094315.jpg
      83.1 KB · Views: 145
    • 20210319_094252.jpg
      20210319_094252.jpg
      62.5 KB · Views: 147

Users who are viewing this thread