FEDEX Delays - Almost 2 Weeks and no package!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Are you guys experiencing delays with FEDEX? I have an order that includes an EOTech optic that was shipped Feb 15, and in Memphis Feb 17, and then no status after that. The FEDEX web site advises "Prolonged severe weather across the U.S. may cause delays including the ability to pick up and deliver in certain cities". You think the Post Office is bad? Don't expect better from FEDEX.

Wonder if Biden put out an executive order to freeze all firearms parts and optics shipments? ;)

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    I have a package shipped from Ohio. It transited through Halethorpe, ostensibly on its way to delivery in Arnold. However it got routed to New Castle, DE where it has been parked since February 16th. Cabela's is expediting a replacement to me. They said if the other one shows up they don't want it back; they don't even want to know I have it. It's already in their system as lost or stolen.

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    I have a Browning BAR magazine that left Bossier, Louisiana on 24 Feb and is in Conley, Georgia today.

Tracking says it will be delivered today.....that seems pretty optimistic considering it was in Georgia this morning.

Overall, I think FEDEX and UPS are miles ahead of USPS.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    The whole shipping system is F'd. I thought it was just USPS, as we had damaged/missing packages, missing mail, undelivered mail and now past due bills. Well, some theives decided to rip the exhaust system off my Mom's SUV in Arizona, for the cat convertor. Older CR-V, so it was totaled by the insurance company. Still tagged MD. My mom asked me return her tags to the MVA if she ships them back. I only told her NOT to use the postal service. She sent it back UPS ground. Been stuck in Sparks for 3 weeks now, and is listed as "damaged". I don't care if damaged, I can return damaged tags. But I think they are missing, so now it is much more difficult. They all suck now.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    I hate to rain on a hate parade. I was supposed to get a package on the 3/6. Fedex picked it up early and delivered early. 2/26. :o

Sorry keep the Hate up you will come to be Liberal then Progressive. Good... Good....

Botfellas

Apr 14, 2020
    Urban Jungle
    My work place receives packages from fedex daily and the word is the winter storms we had recently especially in Tennessee is the main reason for the delays. Apparently fedex main hub is in Memphis and almost all thier packages travel through that hub. Even some packages that say originate in one state destined for a delivery in the same state has to travel through that hub. So due to the ice storm they had, the hub is or was virtually shutdown and all packages moving through thier system slowed to a crawl. I think it should be picking up again now but you probably should expect delays due to sheer volume of packages now. But that's what I've veen told ymmv

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    I hate to rain on a hate parade. I was supposed to get a package on the 3/6. Fedex picked it up early and delivered early. 2/26. :o

Sorry keep the Hate up you will come to be Liberal then Progressive. Good... Good....

I'm so pleased that you are indeed a special person. Now could you please invoke your special powers to get my damn package dislodged from New Castle? If you can do that I'll even stop hatin' on FedEx. AND I'll give you the credit for saving me from becoming a Liberal, then (shudder) a Progressive. :bowdown:

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

No hate here; more of an FYI and seeing if others have the same issue or if I need to pester FEDEX.

Last edited:

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Fedex is sucking at doing it job as much as the Post Office, 2 day signature required going on day 6, no updates as to where the package is other then picked up 1154am Monday. If there a backup in deliveries due to weather and there hasn't been any weather in 10 days sounds like you need more flights or trucks to deal with your backlog, people have paid a 2 day service fee but are not getting what they were charged for. During all this we have had bad weather spill Amazon has deliveries twice this week and one was early!

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Have a car part in martinsburg just sitting there. From chesapeake,va. So goes past me to get to wv. Supposed to be 1-3 business days. Now states over a week or so. I called carparts.com and got my shipping cost removed. I hope companies start to complain about poor delivery service and not pay shipping or whatever.

tcc722

Jul 3, 2010
    PA
    also had one left in driveway, slightly out of the way

I finally got pissed enough to call and complain last year. They would toss my packages in the snow next to my mailbox, including cases of ammo. Not sure why they wouldn't just put them on the paved driveway at least. The new driver we have is good, finally. Ups is still the best by far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom