• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV
    Does anyone have any recommendations for shooting ranges near Bowie that I can either be a member of or is public that doesn’t require me to be 21? I’m currently 20. I have been going to Maryland small arms in Upper Marlboro, however I am tired of waiting literally 4 hours to shoot. Berwyn Rod and Gun Club is like 5 minutes from my house but they require you to be 21 for a membership. If anyone has any recommendations I’d really appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Too bad BRGC isn't option... BRGC is phenomenal. I shot there for a few years when I worked nearby, and while they're expensive, they're worth it. It was like having your own private range 90% of the time.

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV
    Too bad BRGC isn't option... BRGC is phenomenal. I shot there for a few years when I worked nearby, and while they're expensive, they're worth it. It was like having your own private range 90% of the time.

Ya I did the juniors program there for like 4-5 years when I was in late elementary and middle school and I would absolutely love to be a member there (I’ve already spent more on range fees to MSA then it would to be a member at BRGC) and like you said it’s an awesome range.

J-Dog

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012

2nd this.
    Former BRCG member. Only reason I didn't renew is that work and home life got hectic and I didnt get to shoot enough to justify the cost.

But the "private range" description is spot on. I'd say more than half the time we were the only ones there. A very relaxing way to shoot.

mtlcafan79

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2008
    PG
    I used to live in the C section and could almost hear BRGC. I took the intro, but never joined. I joined AGC and dropped it after only making the drive two or three times a year. I used do weeknights at On Target until that got sketchy. Now I'm a member at Cindy's in Glen Burnie and drive a couple times a year to Delmarva Sporting Clays for the outdoor stuff.

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    Shame about the age restriction for Berwyn. It is definitely a great range. I'm a current member and it's almost empty every time I go. I used to have to hike over to Myrtle Grove when I wanted to shoot.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Thank you I really appreciate.

So, here is the guidance that I was given. There is nothing in the Policies/Procedures manual that talks about age restrictions. That said, you should be allowed to purchase a range badge at the age of 20.

Now, there is one caveat that you need to consider and be willing to abide by. AGC requires all people on our property to follow State and Federal laws; specifically in your case being under the age of 21 and possessing regulated firearms. I can't tell you what the law states about that, I only know that you can not purchase a regulated firearm at your age.

Do your research on that one and if you are comfortable with following the law, then get yourself scheduled for a walkthrough and buy your badge. It appears as if MSIs next walkthrough is 8/8 at 9 am, but I do know the AGC does them also/sooner for a $10 fee.

https://airtable.com/shrfNQFjSXZoZtyAA

Good luck to you.

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV
    So, here is the guidance that I was given. There is nothing in the Policies/Procedures manual that talks about age restrictions. That said, you should be allowed to purchase a range badge at the age of 20.

Now, there is one caveat that you need to consider and be willing to abide by. AGC requires all people on our property to follow State and Federal laws; specifically in your case being under the age of 21 and possessing regulated firearms. I can't tell you what the law states about that, I only know that you can not purchase a regulated firearm at your age.

Do your research on that one and if you are comfortable with following the law, then get yourself scheduled for a walkthrough and buy your badge. It appears as if MSIs next walkthrough is 8/8 at 9 am, but I do know the AGC does them also/sooner for a $10 fee.

https://airtable.com/shrfNQFjSXZoZtyAA

Good luck to you.

Ya I don’t have a problem with that because I am a law abiding citizen, what is the guest policy like? The only thing I saw on their website said that the regular guest policy is back in effect, unless I was looking in the wrong place.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    I would also inquire of BRGC if you can “initiate” the membership process now (fulfill any meeting or other “admin” requisites) so that you might be voted upon and read into membership upon your turning 21. (Unless I failed to see where you must be 21 to even apply (in which case were I still a member there I’d have to motion the membership appl. procedure language be ever-so-slightly modified). Just curious, did you just turn 20? Or, are you 20 years and 6 months? Either way, based on my own experiences there and the up-thread posts, I would make joining BRGC my #1 priority, given your proximity. Hard to put a price on being 5-mins from an outdoor place to shoot ... wow!

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Ya I don’t have a problem with that because I am a law abiding citizen, what is the guest policy like? The only thing I saw on their website said that the regular guest policy is back in effect, unless I was looking in the wrong place.

See page 73 of the policies and procedures manual for details on the guest policy. In summary, there is a guest fee of $10 that is waived for a badge holders spouse or any guest under the age of 18 (under the age of 21 if that person is participating in the AGC an youth program).

https://associatedgunclubs.org/agc/pdfs/Policies Procedures Manual.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom