• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    I have never had a bad experience at a MD gun shop. A few experiences stand out.

Atlantic Guns in Silver Spring. I cannot find a cheaper transfer on long guns in the area. They are my go to for transfers. They are on the metro train which was critical when I did not have a car. Also they have black powder in stock. The service staff are top notch.

United Gun Shop in Rockville. I have a C&R and live in DC which makes interstate legal transfer tricky. They had a C&R pistol that I wanted. There was a waiting list for the gun while it was on consignment, I was number one. When it was available, they went through the hassle of dealing with MPD and multiple phone calls to learn the law and make the deal. That is above and beyond when they could have sold it cash and carry to the second guy on the list.

jfinlay

Sep 18, 2012
    Very happy with both Tyler in Halethorpe and 2A in Jessup. No complaints with either. I miss the used guns thread from 2A and would encourage Tyler to start a similar thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Omega21

Nov 27, 2010
    Traveling MD
    GREAT EXPERIENCE

Bollinger's in Taneytown - gunsmithing, instruction, transfers, refinishing guns and mags - simply phenomenal folks! Knowledgeable, patient, helpful, flexible, talented!

JLowes - gun purchases and transfers. Wounded vet owned. I brought my 7 year old son so he could meet a real American hero. Also, best prices you can find.

Duffy's Gun Room - gunsmithing, gun purchases, NFA purchases, refinishing guns and mags, refinishing wood stocks - Incredibly talented gunsmith and the shop crew is very knowledgeable. I've seen them treat new customers with great patience and respect.

Engage Armament in Rockville - Gun purchases, NFA purchases, transfers, laser engraving on metal and polymer - Exceptionally professional and knowledgeable staff. Very good experience with fixing a poor engraving job someone else did on my gun. They made it look new.

A1 Uniforms - I've only purchased from them one time and it was a pleasure doing business with them.

MIXED EXPERIENCE

MD Elite Firearms / Baltimore's Best Pawn - NFA transfers, gun purchases, fingerprinting. Had one less than stellar experience with them but another experience was great. Prices on in-store items are very high. Staff is quite knowledgeable.

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Hafers up in clear spring is great , a lot of selection, parts ,ammo, gun smithing an all around great place. Pasadena gun and pawn bought some stuff , personality ehhh may rub some people wrong. A&D pawn great guy in there to deal with, Cindys Hot Shots newer range great people. Had a bad experience with Worth a shot , haven’t been back. But for all around 1 stop shop Hafers , haven’t found /seen a shop like them. About an hour away for me worth the trip. Scott’s is right up the street been in a few times , I don’t know just not feeling it in there , seems to me if you didn’t buy it there he hasn’t the time to work on it. Heard he’s good but so is smith in Pasadena and Hafers to me is the best around.

db32

Mar 7, 2020
    Some real good gun shops around. Some are IPs here on this site. The best gun shop that you will find is Scotts gun shop in Glen Burnie. None better. Before I moved from Md, that is where I went. Nice shop, good people, good deals, and honest. Also if Scott can't fix it, it can't be fixed. Don't matter how far you have to go, it's worth the trip.

http://www.scotts-gunsmithing.com/

I got a good deal on my first pistol there, and they were relatively straight forward and clear with regards to the questions I had. The gun works fine also.

ground chuck

Rookie Jedi
    Sep 28, 2013
    Charm City County
    I guess this really depends on location. I've heard great things about engage, but im not driving to rockville. Local to me the gun shop and gun connection are great places.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    A&D pawn great guy in there to deal with.

Thread revival but made a purchase from them this morning, first in about 10yrs from them- good service and pricing was very reasonable. Supply is very light overall as to be expected but they do have some various revolvers and a couple of semi’s. Would recommend.

Ed Anger

Jan 16, 2021
    Gaithersburg, MD
    In the downcounty area, my first shop was Atlantic Guns in Silver Spring, now also in Rockville (Soon to leave both locations for a consolidated shop in the Rockville area, IIRC). Excellent folks.

I also use Engage; started when they were in Kensington. A1Uniforms in Brentwood has also provided fine stuff at good prices. I've also visited United, found them helpful and well-stocked.
    I'm glad you have had good experiences at Atlantic Guns. I have not. I have nothing positive to say about them.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I'm glad you have had good experiences at Atlantic Guns. I have not. I have nothing positive to say about them.

Too bad.

They've been a very positive force for 2A in Maryland, bringing and winning numerous lawsuits against the ridiculous legislation emanating from Annapolis.

Considering this is your first post, slamming a business that has supported the firearms community in Maryland for three generations, you might want to try to find something positive to say here.

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    Atlantic Guns Silver Spring store was my go to shop from the day I turned 21 and went in to get my first handgun , I had been hanging out in there looking , asking questions trying to decide what would be the first , I finally decided on a Glock 23 and went in to do it and I overheard Joel telling a guy wanting to buy a shotgun that since he was living at home with his Parents that they had to come in to okay the sale even though he was 18 and it was his Birthday gift to himself . So I asked Carl about that when we were getting ready to do my paperwork and he told me that was the Stores policy going back to when the owners Father started the place and sold a gun to a 18 year old and the kids father and mother had a fit and made him refund the sale . Than he looked at me and asked if I lived with my parents . " I Said No " Now my Mother had no problem with my owning a gun and my Father had passed away . He didn't question me again about it , I've seen other shops over the years have Store Policy on different things and I understand it's there Store and Licenses in a unique industry that's always having to defend itself . Atlantic Guns must be doing something right to have been around this long , If and when this Covid thing is over and I have to come up to DC for work I want to see there new Shop , From the few pictures I've seen it looks awesome .

Last edited:

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Maryland Elite Firearms is my new go to. They treat their customers with respect and are a great group of guys. I’d recommend them to any of my family and friends.

If your not interested in smiles... continental arms. LOL

DEFINITELY MD Elite - Baltimore best pawn. GREAT people to deal with. Dan is top notch. Only met Mike once, seems like a great guy, I THINK Joel, (Dans father) has retired. You can't go wrong here. They had a pretty good selection of long guns. Hand guns as of Friday. (One less after I visited)

Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013
    Another plus for United Gun Shop. As for the rest it's hit and miss. I used to like Clyde's until I went in there and saw that they had hired the Bart's left overs, haven't been back since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom