• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    BUMP

Everytime I look to see whos online I always see between 2 and 4 guests checking us out. Looking at different threads and such.

Hey lurkers! Register and join in on the fun!

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    BUMP
    Everytime I look to see whos online I always see between 2 and 4 guests checking us out.

Certainly some of those are "real" people, but some of them are 'bots just like the ones that show up as Yahoo spiders, etc.

Nonetheless....we hope that all of our visitors will join us.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Certainly some of those are "real" people, but some of them are 'bots just like the ones that show up as Yahoo spiders, etc.

Nonetheless....we hope that all of our visitors will join us.

I do see a lot of Spiders, but there seems to be a lot of guests too searching the site.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I do see a lot of Spiders, but there seems to be a lot of guests too searching the site.

I don't know if you can resolve IPs like the admins can, but when i do that on the people listed as "guest", sometimes it ends up resolving out as a 'bot.

I love the extra traffic that our human guests bring.....would love for them all to join in the discussion.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    I don't know if you can resolve IPs like the admins can, but when i do that on the people listed as "guest", sometimes it ends up resolving out as a 'bot.

I love the extra traffic that our human guests bring.....would love for them all to join in the discussion.

I dont know squat about resolving IPs, just looked to me like me people were out there viewing the site and I havent seen this thread come up in a while so I figured Id try and bump it so that maybe guests would see it too.

biermkr

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2007
    Almost Heaven
    I tend to read the board more than I post, you know the old saying: "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
    I do like all the information I get here.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    I tend to read the board more than I post, you know the old saying: "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
    I do like all the information I get here.

I tend to remove all doubt on a daily basis, you should follow my lead. :D

Archangel

Jul 19, 2005
    I usually spend most of my time lurking on THR, but occasioanlly I remember to come over here and... still not post. I'll try to be better about that.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    For our guests who haven't registered,

Please consider joining the board and the discussions. I see people with IPs pointing back to FT Meade, UMBC, UMCP and other local service providers.

Come on in and hang out. :D

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    For our guests who haven't registered,

Please consider joining the board and the discussions. I see people with IPs pointing back to FT Meade, UMBC, UMCP and other local service providers.

Come on in and hang out. :D

Lots of Comcast and AOL IP's too.

We've actually gotten quite a few new users taht are actually participating. Normally we get about 3 new users a day, but they rarely participate.

trapture

Surplus Rifle Lover
    Apr 27, 2007
    Dundalk-Ish
    Hey the more the merrier and hopefully we can spread the word of organized get togethers and make these lurkers comfortable and start posting. We are not that scary :evilgrin3

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    I lurk all the time....."You got a problem with that?" <in NY Accent>

Sorry...I'm pushing the lifetime record for sarcastic mood tonight....

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Been a while since this one got bumped. We've got a TON of visitors with local IPs poking around. We'd love to have you folks as active members.
    :thumbsup:

migD

Jun 27, 2007
    MoCo
    another bump...

Been lurking for quite some time, made a post or two. This would be my formal introduction.

Raised in Mo county, joined the service after HS. Moved back to the area after discharge. Been back since the fall of 04 when I started school. Currently at College Park and working for the Mo County gov't.

Joined the forums because I've been looking to buy and needed to brush up on the local laws. Also needed to find out where everything, IE stores, ranges, etc were because no one I know owns anything over a squirt gun.

Looking to knock the rust off and see about attending some IPDA or similar events in the spring.

Before I forget, does anyone have any information on "designated collectors"

Thanks

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Welcom migD.
    Designated collector status means you can buy more than one regulated firearm (handguns, AR15s, AK47s etc.) in a thirty day period.
    You can download the form and fill it out. You need a notary public to stamp it when you sign it showing you are the one who signed it and then you send it into the MD State Police.
    Within about three to four weeks you will get a letter from them saying you are a designated collector.

Someone has a PDF file or a link to the form. I will try and find it for you.

Found it: http://www.mdsp.org/downloads/Collector_Application_Affidavit.pdf

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Welcome to the board.

There's several people here with their designated collector paperwork and they'll be happy to fill you in.

If you work over in MoCo, my current favorite place over there is Engage Armament.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom