Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Neighborhood > Virginia
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 8th, 2019, 08:25 PM #51
Doctor_M's Avatar
Doctor_M Doctor_M is online now
Certified Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: The People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 15,465
Doctor_M Doctor_M is online now
Certified Mad Scientist
Doctor_M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: The People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 15,465
When something becomes banned, there is an instant creation of a black market... not suggesting anyone do anything illegal, just pointing out an obvious artifact of tyranny
Doctor_M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2019, 08:27 PM #52
teratos's Avatar
teratos teratos is offline
My hair is amazing
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bel Air
Posts: 32,698
teratos teratos is offline
My hair is amazing
teratos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bel Air
Posts: 32,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defense Rifle View Post
Don't get me wrong, people should be able to buy as many as they can afford. I'm just wondering the psychology behind some, who feel the need to go out and get the 100th mag just because the state government decides they want to ban it.

Like what exactly are you going to do with the 100th mag that the 1-99th mags you already have can't do for you? At a certain point too many magazines become a liability.
If you donít get it, you donít get it. Use your head. Think about potential uses, especially after a ban. If you canít figure it out, you need to expand your thinking. Just my liberal opinion.
teratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2019, 08:27 PM #53
teratos's Avatar
teratos teratos is offline
My hair is amazing
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bel Air
Posts: 32,698
teratos teratos is offline
My hair is amazing
teratos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bel Air
Posts: 32,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor_M View Post
When something becomes banned, there is an instant creation of a black market... not suggesting anyone do anything illegal, just pointing out an obvious artifact of tyranny
New converts may need them for the boogaloo. Same reason to make a metric shit-ton of 80 percents.
teratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2019, 08:28 PM #54
Biggfoot44 Biggfoot44 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 20,155
Biggfoot44 Biggfoot44 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 20,155
But since we're in 'Murica ! , Tory still means boot licking Statist here .
Biggfoot44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2019, 08:28 PM #55
Doctor_M's Avatar
Doctor_M Doctor_M is online now
Certified Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: The People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 15,465
Doctor_M Doctor_M is online now
Certified Mad Scientist
Doctor_M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: The People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 15,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by teratos View Post
... Just my liberal opinion.
LOL!
Doctor_M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2019, 08:44 PM #56
platoonDaddy's Avatar
platoonDaddy platoonDaddy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SouthOfBalto
Posts: 3,436
platoonDaddy platoonDaddy is offline
Senior Member
platoonDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SouthOfBalto
Posts: 3,436
This is bloombergs work. He funded the Virginia takeover. ****er will be big problem for Trump. bloomy has $20 B in cash.

Most billionaires (including Trump) have their wealth locked up in property, stocks, bonds, and other instruments.

bloomberg is the dims "Rider on the White Horse". This guy is much more moderate on all issues except gun control. For guns, he is a radical. He will draw a lot of moderate dims and Independents.

Hang on to your ass boys, it's going to be a rough ride.
platoonDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2019, 09:42 PM #57
Defense Rifle Defense Rifle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NC
Posts: 190
Defense Rifle Defense Rifle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NC
Posts: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor_M View Post
When something becomes banned, there is an instant creation of a black market... not suggesting anyone do anything illegal, just pointing out an obvious artifact of tyranny
There is no black market when you can easily drive and go across state line and still buy more of what you want.

Besides most of America already has an abundance of this stuff.

I think it's just an irrational hysteria and nothing more in most cases. 'Er I'm gunna buy more mags because the other guys is too' despite the fact the other stockpile of mags you have are collecting dust.

I'm talking about the extreme cases, where someone already has a ton of mags. Yeah if you only have a few yeah go and buy more asap because it makes a difference.
Defense Rifle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2019, 09:46 PM #58
Defense Rifle Defense Rifle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NC
Posts: 190
Defense Rifle Defense Rifle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NC
Posts: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post
This is bloombergs work. He funded the Virginia takeover. ****er will be big problem for Trump. bloomy has $20 B in cash.

Most billionaires (including Trump) have their wealth locked up in property, stocks, bonds, and other instruments.

bloomberg is the dims "Rider on the White Horse". This guy is much more moderate on all issues except gun control. For guns, he is a radical. He will draw a lot of moderate dims and Independents.

Hang on to your ass boys, it's going to be a rough ride.

He use to be a registered Republican until last year. Shocking.
Defense Rifle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2019, 09:49 PM #59
LeadSled1's Avatar
LeadSled1 LeadSled1 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: MD
Posts: 2,938
Images: 11
LeadSled1 LeadSled1 is offline
Senior Member
LeadSled1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: MD
Posts: 2,938
Images: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post

bloomberg is the dims "Rider on the White Horse". This guy is much more moderate on all issues except gun control. For guns, he is a radical. He will draw a lot of moderate dims and Independents.

Hang on to your ass boys, it's going to be a rough ride.
And soda, that man hates him some pop.
__________________
LeadSled1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2019, 09:51 PM #60
Dingo3's Avatar
Dingo3 Dingo3 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Fredneck
Posts: 2,267
Dingo3 Dingo3 is offline
Senior Member
Dingo3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Fredneck
Posts: 2,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defense Rifle View Post
There is no black market when you can easily drive and go across state line and still buy more of what you want.

Besides most of America already has an abundance of this stuff.

I think it's just an irrational hysteria and nothing more in most cases. 'Er I'm gunna buy more mags because the other guys is too' despite the fact the other stockpile of mags you have are collecting dust.

I'm talking about the extreme cases, where someone already has a ton of mags. Yeah if you only have a few yeah go and buy more asap because it makes a difference.
ďIrrational hysteria?Ē People said that here in MD in 2013 and they still rammed that abomination through. Actually they didnít have to ram it through, they had what VA now has as far as state government goes. The ďhysteriaĒ then doesnít seem so irrational now; besides having to go out of state for mags (VA soon to be unavailable), we canít buy many rifles that we used to be able to and canít even transfer them in-state.
Dingo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Home Page > Forum List > The Neighborhood > Virginia


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2019, Congregate Media, LP Privacy Policy Terms of Service