Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Neighborhood > Virginia
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old November 9th, 2019, 08:52 AM #71

The only bright side for the ones wanting to buy extra mags is that there probably will be plenty for sale at the local gun stores. If your state don't sell em, the next one over will. For now. Get em while they're hot.
namrelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2019, 08:54 AM #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by teratos View Post
Do I bow, though? Will I comply? Has Hogan “protected” me any more than O’Malley?
A lot of Marylanders are just going to grow up and get use to the laws passed in 2013. So at some point it will just feel normal to you all. Compliance will come natural, you don't really have much choice. Marylanders keep voting the same Democrats into power.

I knew guys that said "I will never get an HQL!" Couple years later they got finger-printed, added to a gun-confiscation registration list and got their HQLs. See overtime most people will just get use to it and go about their life.
Defense Rifle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2019, 09:09 AM #73
My hair is amazing

My hair is amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defense Rifle View Post
A lot of Marylanders are just going to grow up and get use to the laws passed in 2013. So at some point it will just feel normal to you all. Compliance will come natural, you don't really have much choice. Marylanders keep voting the same Democrats into power.

I knew guys that said "I will never get an HQL!" Couple years later they got finger-printed, added to a gun-confiscation registration list and got their HQLs. See overtime most people will just get use to it and go about their life.
So you will do what most Marylanders do and get used to it? You can have an HQL and still not comply.
teratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2019, 09:25 AM #74

Va isn't really sudden . I've been telling Va people for a while that they were only one Committee Chairman away from becoming Maryland . Alas , they usually blew me off .
Biggfoot44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2019, 10:28 AM #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defense Rifle View Post

OR they learn to build from 80 percent and flip the middle finger at the fake "laws"..I've added over a dozen new handguns since the HQL. Became "law" and I still don't have my HQL.. I also have several AR rifles in various calibers that were all built prior to Oct 2013..

The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from the government

Thomas Paine

"We can't fight the government, we would lose our status as law abiding citizens "

Fake 2A advocates...AKA cowards..
Muleskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2019, 10:32 AM #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggfoot44 View Post
Va isn't really sudden . I've been telling Va people for a while that they were only one Committee Chairman away from becoming Maryland . Alas , they usually blew me off .
Yep, I heard the same thing from my Va. Friends and relatives. Now they are scrambling to buy everything they can get their hands on. The only potential saving grace is that they aren't going to let Northam take what they have..

Thomas Paine

"We can't fight the government, we would lose our status as law abiding citizens "

Old November 9th, 2019, 10:36 AM #77
Recovering Lurker

Recovering Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muleskinner View Post
I also have several AR rifles in various calibers that were all built prior to Oct 2013..
Thatís kind of the point, isnít it? If one really was in full on WWNC mode, the 2013 boundary wouldnít matter, would it? But it does to most people because they donít want to risk becoming felons, and the Dems win. Now, will an all-out AR possession ban in MD see compliance? Among some, maybe. But that will push some who put up with the 2013 ruling to put up no longer. Again, this is all about the courts.
Occam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2019, 10:37 AM #78

Quote:
Yep, I heard the same thing from my Va. Friends and relatives. Now they are scrambling to buy everything they can get their hands on. The only potential saving grace is that they aren't going to let Northam take what they have..
yep, for years i'v heard people in va say, never here, don;t worry. Now people are buying eveyrthing they can. some are talking about where to move out of virginia. I thought va was where marylanders went to escape 'to' America. pretty sad stuff happening right now.
NebTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2019, 10:39 AM #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by NebTim View Post
yep, for years i'v heard people in va say, never here, don;t worry. Now people are buying eveyrthing they can. some are talking about where to move out of virginia. I thought va was where marylanders went to escape 'to' America. pretty sad stuff happening right now.
well I'm not hearing anything about people wanting to move out of Virginia. I am hearing people grumbling about organizing and fighting back and I'm not talking about at the voting booth. I have really good friends who own a 12000 acre dairy farm in Culpeper and I have family scattered throughout the state. Those Southwest Virginia boys don't play. They will March on Richmond and forcibly remove the governor before the ink is dry on a confiscation order. I find it fitting that if there's going to be a second American civil war that it starts where the first one ended

Thomas Paine

Old November 9th, 2019, 10:59 AM #80

Quote:
well I'm not hearing anything about people wanting to move out of Virginia. I am hearing people grumbling about organizing and fighting back and I'm not talking about at the voting booth. I have really good friends who own a 12000 acre dairy farm in Culpeper and I have family scattered throughout the state. Those Southwest Virginia boys don't play. They will March on Richmond and forcibly remove the governor before the ink is dry on a confiscation order. I find it fitting that if there's going to be a second American civil war that it starts where the first one ended

NebTim is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > The Neighborhood > Virginia