• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    No drive-thru or curb side food pick-up? Would think they would keep this option open for the same reason as grocery stores. Maybe they have transmission concerns, but these might be more easily managed vs grocery stores where random members of the public wander inside and can contaminate many spots.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    No drive-thru or curb side food pick-up? Would think they would keep this option open for the same reason as grocery stores. Maybe they have transmission concerns, but these might be more easily managed vs grocery stores where random members of the public wander inside and can contaminate many spots.

Plus it at least keep some people employed and the tips flowing.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    My business is me. If I don’t work I don’t get paid. MD will surely do this next week and I will be fvcked.
    My wife has the good job and willl continue to get paid but when this happens in MD, this will get tough.

I'm in the same boat, except my wife does not work. (We homeschool) I won't lose my gig, but I cannot work from home. If I can't work, I don't bring in any revenue to pay myself.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Will not comply. I have a full list of activities planned this weekend and will be OUT doing them. The outrageously overblown response to this "crisis" is ridiculous. Shame on those who will so quickly give up the Freedoms and Liberties bought with Blood by our Forefathers. Our "government" treats us as slaves and so many meekly and even readily accept it. "It's for the greater good." How many tyrants have manufactured crises and uttered those words in the not so distant past? Patriots are indeed rare in 2020.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co

The president may have to step in on that. He promised already this week that he'd talked to all the fast food chains and assured they'd stay open with drive through service throughout this mess.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Shocked to see Child Care Services on that "No" list. How do they expect Dr.'s, firefighters, police, and military to go to work if they have child care issues?

Great point. D#3 works in the child care center at St Joes in Towson and the center is almost 100% populated by children of employees...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WildWeasel

Mar 31, 2019
    MI>FL>MD
    He is probably coordinating with the NY Gov

Between him as the horse's ass and AOC as one of the other ends, I'm not sure why anyone would want to do that...

SCOTUS sucks right now. They aren't hearing any good cases or when they get a chance to affirm a right and crush some communists, they let the bastards go *cough* NYC...

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Will not comply. I have a full list of activities planned this weekend and will be OUT doing them. The outrageously overblown response to this "crisis" is ridiculous. Shame on those who will so quickly give up the Freedoms and Liberties bought with Blood by our Forefathers. Our "government" treats us as slaves and so many meekly and even readily accept it. "It's for the greater good." How many tyrants have manufactured crises and uttered those words in the not so distant past? Patriots are indeed rare in 2020.

Shouldn't this be in the unpopular opinion thread? :innocent0

CZ4ME

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 12, 2014
    AS FOR ME...

I don't know how many of you are 40+ but I am 48, hardly get sick and when I do I recover quickly....BUT, I am slightly overweight, have high BP and don't get as much as exercise as I should....

Even though they say most people recover, I am not willing to bet on my immune system with this virus..I have three youngin's and I for one don't wanna leave them prematurely if it can be avoided...

We all know how fast kids spread illness..I would prefer that they keep schools closed until they get a better handle on this...financially its gonna hurt, BAD!!

But the alternative to me is worse, if I lose a child or they lose one of their parents or both!

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Just do your part and stay the **** home. If the virus spread does not slow, the hospital system will be overwhelmed in about 2 weeks and we will be rationing care like Italy. In some places, it already is.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    It wont be as simple as everyone staying home. Historically, pandemics only end when there is enough herd immunity.

Staying home is mostly about preventing the heath system from being overwhelmed. We have about 750k hospital beds in the US, and 15-20% of COVID patients (both young and old) require care. If we ration care, the death rate is 4%. If we spread it out, maybe 1%.

If 20% of the population gets COVID, we will need about 10 million hospital beds.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    There will probably be special arrangements for the special people.

I'm sure .gov has a plan or at least an idea to provide child care to certain folks deemed "needed". The problem is who feels comfortable dropping off a baby, or anyone under the age of 5, at some random "center" to have some unknown person watch over them.

I certainly wouldn't feel great with that idea.

I know my wife's hospital has set up an informal group of employee's older kids who have either volunteered or were voluntold they'd be watching kids for folks. To me that's much better than using some unknown .gov employee watching someone.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Seems much of the fear is the sheer volume of NY's covid cases(almost 1/2 of all active cases) spilling into PA primarily through infected people leaving a state in lockdown to get things in an adjacent state that isn't. Of course it looks like Wolf is all to comfortable as a dictator that can't wait to "enforce compliance"

Moon

M-O-O-N, that spells...
    Jan 4, 2013
    In Orbit
    Shocked to see Child Care Services on that "No" list. How do they expect Dr.'s, firefighters, police, and military to go to work if they have child care issues?

Can't fight crime, fire, or enemies if you're on a ventilator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom