• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Omega21

Nov 27, 2010
    Traveling MD
    Sorry, I've been out of the rifle game for some time. If I am selling a rifle in MD to a MD resident - I believe that's merely a face to face transaction with no FFL or MSP involvement and no NICS check. I think this is the case for rifles and shotguns, but I want to double check to make sure I don't do anything wrong.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Sorry, I've been out of the rifle game for some time. If I am selling a rifle in MD to a MD resident - I believe that's merely a face to face transaction with no FFL or MSP involvement and no NICS check. I think this is the case for rifles and shotguns, but I want to double check to make sure I don't do anything wrong.

As long as it's not a pre-2013 regulated AR15, any rifle or long gun is F2F between md residents.

A bill of sale would be wise and perhaps a few pictures of the rifle in case it ever gets modified in unsavory ways in the future.

You also need to be certain that whoever you are selling it to is not a prohibited person.

Omega21

Nov 27, 2010
    Traveling MD
    As long as it's not a pre-2013 regulated AR15, any rifle or long gun is F2F between md residents.

A bill of sale would be wise and perhaps a few pictures of the rifle in case it ever gets modified in unsavory ways in the future.

You also need to be certain that whoever you are selling it to is not a prohibited person.

yes, thank you! It's a Springfield M1A in 6.5 so not an AR platform. I had planned on doing a bill of sale. Good call on pics. Appreciate the info!

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

SOOOO, you can sell an .308 M1A F2F?????? Or an FN FAL????????? Or a Mini14 in .223 with folding stock???????

Or any of the other rifles on the BANNED list.

And including those that are not banned by name, but meet the copy cat section.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter

IANAL, but I think the 'standard' is you have no reason to believe the person is prohibited.

SFbrah

ლ(ಠ_ಠ )ლ
    Jul 30, 2012
    Perry Hall, MD
    Any long gun you can currently purchase in a gun store which is not NFA can be privately transferred. You cannot sell if you know that they are a prohibited person (google 4473). You should get their name and a bill of sale for records. Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom