• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Any totalitarian government must keep their eye on any civilian gun owners because civilians with guns are one of the greatest threats to absolute power.

Splitter

R.I.P.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    Glad to see the site is growing. With growth comes public notice....like the agencies listed lol. But hell, they were probably snooping you on day 2.

Thanks for the great site DD, Norton, Spot, and friends!

Splitter

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Just a thought before y'all run out for a new batch of hat-grade tin foil. Did it ever occur to you guys that there are A LOT of government employees in this area and it's a safe bet that a lot of members surf the site from work?

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Just a thought before y'all run out for a new batch of hat-grade tin foil. Did it ever occur to you guys that there are A LOT of government employees in this area and it's a safe bet that a lot of members surf the site from work?

Logic :sad20:

Adams74Chevy

Hits broadsides of barns
    Oct 3, 2007
    Carroll Co.

You work for "them" don't you. :tinfoil: :D

Splitter

R.I.P.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Westminster, MD

Absolutely. But it's also probably a safe bet that some of these agencies "officially" check in now and again too. Are they looking for "someone" or "anyone" or just taking the temperature of the gun toting religious freaks? lol

I dunno, but I suspect that some of those hits are "official business" and some are joe-gun-enthusiast-government worker.

Splitter

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD

Just because someone works for the government doesn't mean they don't need a tinfoil hat.
    Everyone can benefit from a little tinfoil hatness.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County

Yep, that's why I said the really juicy ones don't resolve to a hostname. The only agencies that I know for sure that check in on a regular basis for investigative reasons are the Maryland State Police and the FBI. I'm sure that there are plenty more, but those are a certainty based on info that I've received direct from the source.

This should not be a surprise to anyone.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Norton is a post hog.

I wish I could say that they were all for my own self-edification. There's a lot of stuff that goes on behind the scenes that the three of us have to handle that y'all don't see. They add up quickly.

oldsarge

Old & Crusty
    Jan 14, 2009
    Calvert County
    Here are some extra special visitors from the past 30 days for you tinfoil hat types (the really juicy ones don't resolve to a recognizable host name):

fbi criminal justice information systems
    baltimore city police
    new york city police department
    royal canadian mounted police
    virginia state police
    dhs-tsa
    dhs/cbp
    state of maryland
    maryland administrative office of the courts (aoc)
    etc.,
    etc.,
    etc...
    QUOTE]

Ever since my last employment, these guys all seem to follow me everywhere! :o

skip-a-long

R.I.P.
    May 24, 2009
    Somer-sault Cty
    DD214, Spot77 and Norton, thanks for all you guys do. I can't begin to tell you how much good info that I have gleaned from this website, on any variety of subjects. It has also gotten me more involved in politics, all my life I thought I was doing enough by just voting. It has also caused me to spend more money, but HAY, it has all been fun.
    Thanks, again, :thumbsup:

Skip-a-long

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    I'm trying to figure out who this visitor is: "NSA Echelon Einstein Universal-Login Post Sucker and User Identifier" :shrug:

That's classified BBRTCS (= "Burn Before Reading and then Commit Suicide"). or, I could tell you, but then I'd have to...

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I'm trying to figure out who this visitor is: "NSA Echelon Einstein Universal-Login Post Sucker and User Identifier" :shrug:

Sorry....the IT guys here at Ft Meade were supposed to make that say "Facebook Link".

I'll have them change it in the morning.

Oops.

amish

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2008
    Fredneck
    Ooo, now I'm going to make it a point to log in onto the site from various locations just to make sure everyone keeps the tin foil hats on tight ;).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom