Montgomery county fire rescue hiring. No experience required.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JaeLess

Nov 20, 2020
    Balto City is 2 10 hour days and 2 14 hour nights. Then 4 days off. You will be on the Medic unit and you will get your ass handed to you. Extremely busy. 16 calls average during a night shift on the Medic. It’s no joke, but you will learn a lot as a EMT. Fire side is busy as well, but the majority of calls are EMS related. I spent 2 years on Medic 15 back in 2004. Fun times, but it got old..... and I am one of the few that like being a Paramedic....

Crosseye Dominant

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    Balto City is 2 10 hour days and 2 14 hour nights. Then 4 days off. You will be on the Medic unit and you will get your ass handed to you. Extremely busy. 16 calls average during a night shift on the Medic. It’s no joke, but you will learn a lot as a EMT. Fire side is busy as well, but the majority of calls are EMS related. I spent 2 years on Medic 15 back in 2004. Fun times, but it got old..... and I am one of the few that like being a Paramedic....

Thanks for the info, My EMT teacher was BCFD. I'm applying there if MoCo doesn't come through.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo

Baltimore City is no longer on that shift for suppression units, it changed around 2014. The latest work schedule is 24 on, 24 off, 24 on, 5 days off. If I remember correctly, the medics are still on the 2-2-4 schedule. Then there are “impact” days built into the rotation, basically an extra work shift. About every 35 days or so, the schedule is 24 on, 24 off, 24 on, 24 off, 24 on, 3 days off. Since I retired, I have been told there is now some day shift only and/or peak time 0900-2100, medics. Of the various shift models I worked, 4 different ones in my time there, the shift you mentioned 2-2-4 was by far my favorite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom